BEWARE: I think I've been scammed by Noah Schumacher (Vintage Audio Restoration)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for shots and giggles I sent an email asking how much to rebuild a Marantz 250. He got back within an hour with what he does and asking for payment upfront. He said a 3 to 6 month turnaround time.

Scum bag

Did he give the same address ?

Noah scammed me for around $2400 in cash and an amplifier. He sold me a bunch of gear that I never got, and I paid him for repairs that he never did. He's a vastly overrated tech and a terrible person. Call the cops and hopefully he'll send your amp back.

https://noah-schumacher.com/index.php/legal-assistance/

NOAH-SCHUMACHER

LEGAL ASSISTANCE

LEGAL DEFINITIONS:
CONVERSION

n. a civil wrong (tort) in which one converts another’s property to his/her own use, which is a fancy way of saying “steals.” Conversion includes treating another’s goods as one’s own, holding onto such property which accidentally comes into the convertor’s (taker’s) hands, or purposely giving the impression the assets belong to him/her. This gives the true owner the right to sue for his/her own property or the value and loss of use of it, as well as going to law enforcement authorities since conversion usually includes the crime of theft.

BOULDER POLICE DEPARTMENT
Some individuals have had success in getting Noah Schumacher to return their equipment by calling the Boulder Police Department and explaining the situation.

Boulder Police Department
1805 33rd St.
Boulder, CO 80301
303-441-3333

He's trying to blame me in all this, as a good scammer. I asked him about his real address and he's acting like this is all legit and telling me I am this super bad guy who is not willing to resolve anything. I told him I am sending FeDex to the address he provided and the amp better be there. Let's see what happens. If the address is legit and that's his house, it would be pretty easy to catch him by someone local. I don't think that's his house or his real address. But I am not sure...it MIGHT be?

I dont want to appear negative from a legal perspective the reason why the police are usually so quick to dismiss any jurisdiction here is the fact that you have (a) paid this guy for services and (b) handed equipment to him to work on.

If he has not given firm turnaround times to complete the work, then that works more in his favour.

As does the fact that you voluntarily gave him the equipment.

Im sorry but 90% of the time, the Police wont be interested for these reasons - unless enough people lay complaints with them, they may feel so inclined to take some sort of action.

But overall, its a civil issue. Even if he gave you times to complete the work, there isnt really an industry yardstick in which to measure when the reasonable tech person will have work complete and the unit back to you by - this guy can keep saying "Im working on it" for five years, and how would you convince a Judge (who knows nothing about repairs) that this is BS, and that effectively, he has committed conversion?

The best ways to try to get recourse here are (a) keep nagging the guy for the return of your amp & money (b) turn up on his doorstep to try to achieve same, (c) think of the how many people you are scaring off from using this guy when this thread pops up on internet searches (d) use whatever financial avenues you can to recover the money (if possible) - ie: paypal, your bank, etc.

Quite honestly, Im surprised this guy keeps using the same name - its pretty easy to change your name to an AKA, I thought. So he cant be that smart.

Man, I wan't to bitch slap that POS, shit like this makes my blood boil.

Then I would ask him to explain this.......https://noah-schumacher.com

"THIS WEBSITE IS DEDICATED TO THOSE THAT HAVE USED NOAH SCHUMACHER AUDIO RESTORATION AND REPAIR SERVICES AND HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED!"
OH, I did! and other websites too. He said that are there is a lot of people who envy him and his work :D

He's trying to blame me in all this, as a good scammer. I asked him about his real address and he's acting like this is all legit and telling me I am this super bad guy who is not willing to resolve anything. I told him I am sending FeDex to the address he provided and the amp better be there. Let's see what happens. If the address is legit and that's his house, it would be pretty easy to catch him by someone local. I don't think that's his house or his real address. But I am not sure...it MIGHT be?

Just as an FYI ,I Google Earth ,street view and Maps of every address I buy from and sell to ,I've saved myself from shipping $11,000 monoblocks to an abandoned /defunct apartment house where I'm positive my boxes would have been returned with 100 pounds of bricks in each box to satisfy PayPal ,I refunded the PayPal ,showed eBay my proof & her account was closed .

BTW I don't see where you said exactly how you paid this creep the $550 ,was it PayPal by chance ? If so file a claim immediately .

Last edited:
<snip>
You'd think if you sent it by US Post Office the feds would be interested but most likely that will not be the case.
<snip>

Some years ago I sent an item to somebody via USPS. Had a similar thing happen to me as the OP. I contacted the Post Office, they took it quite seriously, and everything got resolved.

I don't know if things have changed since then, but it's worth a shot.

bs

J
<snip>

<snip>

Some years ago I sent an item to somebody via USPS. Had a similar thing happen to me as the OP. I contacted the Post Office, they took it quite seriously, and everything got resolved.

I don't know if things have changed since then, but it's worth a shot.

bs

It's called wire fraud and yep, the PO takes it very seriously.

So who's the best investigative TV reporter in the Denver area? When the cops and lawyers don't get it done, that's where I'd go next. Send one or two stations an email, show em that website too, and see what they say. Scammers and career criminals are great for ratings, and sometimes the exposure gets the authorities off their collective duff.

So who's the best investigative TV reporter in the Denver area? When the cops and lawyers don't get it done, that's where I'd go next. Send one or two stations an email, show em that website too, and see what they say.
It used to be Tom Martino, but that ship sailed, I don’t know anymore...

OP, what shipping method did you use? USPS might be of some help. Fed-ex or UPS will probably be of no help.
What payment method did you use? PayPal ?(if it was FRIENDS and FAMILY they will not help at all.) If it was "goods and services" they may help.
Credit card? They may help.

OP, what shipping method did you use? USPS might be of some help. Fed-ex or UPS will probably be of no help.
What payment method did you use? PayPal ?(if it was FRIENDS and FAMILY they will not help at all.) If it was "goods and services" they may help.
Credit card? They may help.
I used UPS Ground. He specified to use UPS or FedEx. I used my credit card to pay the invoice he emailed me. He used Squareup. The more I tell this, the more violated and stupid I feel :D

So who's the best investigative TV reporter in the Denver area? When the cops and lawyers don't get it done, that's where I'd go next. Send one or two stations an email, show em that website too, and see what they say. Scammers and career criminals are great for ratings, and sometimes the exposure gets the authorities off their collective duff.

Brian mass
https://denver.cbslocal.com/personality/brian-maass/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom