I love the Burmester. Oddly enough, buying a new car is what made me realize that I love music, and it was time to address my home stereo needs.

Nice GLC BTW, I came very very close to choosing the GLC. Needed more towing capacity however, ... and the GLE still offered the clean diesel (34mpg since new and 30% less greenhouse gas than a gasoline engine. Tell me again why the US doesn't like diesels?).

Bose vs the world? Not really. I never cared for Bose for the same reason I never cared for Magnepan (can of worms really open now): they are not pure reproduction. They add the artificial soundstage of room reflections, so do many respected speakers from Carver, Martin-Logan, ESS, Acoustat, ESL, Klipsch, ... a long list of who's-who and top-tens.

But are we listening to the science, the music, or the effect of the music in the room on our systems? Is it a matter of analytical listening and absolute reproduction of the source material or enjoyment of the experience (which I know to some is the same, and to others it is not)?

Just as distortion exists in all audio reproduction (electronics) and tolerated (some is more musical than other), reflection and changes exist in all speakers.

So do you eat your steak with seasoning and on charcoal or broil it dry in the oven? Do you put salad dressing on your salad or eat it without? Mixed drink or neat? How about coffee black or with cream and sugar (I have friends in Portland who make me nice pour-overs and would be insulted if I wanted cream in my coffee)? These are the same IMO as speaker choices, you like what you like and anyone who tells you otherwise is a coffee-snob.

Last edited:
Your thread just encourages the dislikers to post. By letting them bother you, it justifies their presence. Personally, I make out by the rock throwing. I was able to acquire double pairs of beautiful 901 Series II Continentals with boxes....equalizers...and chrome stands in mint condition for $400....:) ...just as in this pic. View attachment 1450673
Very nice looking !!
Bose is was a better brand then. It is today , I’m unsure how good the new direct reflexive speakers are but they would probably be good for background music or surround speakers , they do still make a model with 8” woofer but sadly no floorstanders anymore.

Yes, that's the thing. Bose stores and Bose displays are strictly set up and controlled by Bose. But how many people can set up their room to mimic that setup? Remember the Bose Acoustomass systems with the rear speakers cantilevered out and up on arched poles behind the chair that's bolted to the floor? Positioning is critical for any system. Bose takes it to a new level. Sounds cool in the store though.
They play music edited on sound programs optimized for there speakers , aka garage band or similar programs .
I’m not a fan of there surround accusatomass systems , but they did have a good marketing plan , better sound , through, our marketing Is there strategy.
Some people just love there Brands sound, or there commercials .:angel:
I’ve not heard enough Bose to review them actually.:D:beerchug: So owners of these enjoy .
I like klipsch but I may switch to a less bright brand or vintage klipsch someday. Or there higher end models .
Bose bashing is just a easy way for people to bash modern satellite speakers , and yes there speakers are overpriced new. Much Cheaper used

Last edited:
you mean "Bless your little heart". I was born in California during WWII, but my parents were from Texas. So we know from what you speak..

Back
Top Bottom