Capehart turntable. Need some help.

Eriku

Does anyone know anything about Capehart turntables? I found one that is an AM/FM/turntable and the model number is P-881. I would like to know how old it is and if it's worth anything.

Thanks for any help!
Erika

I dont know DC , the prices of capehart have been skyrocketing, plus its the super rare p881, when is the last time you saw a turntable that has AM AND FM? to the right collector I would say it is worth at least $2500, easy, maybe $3000.:D

where did you find it? a storage locker auction? I love those shows!

The last P-881 I saw at an auction went for close to $4k. You don't see them often since it was a limited production model and not many came with AM/FM which brings top dollar.

yeah but the early production models had a run of bad tibbulated connundrum drums.

If you don't have a chrome kannibulin pin in your toolbox, you can forget about fixing it.

and that's not even counting the ballard blow toaster.... Those things take SIX reticulated armfarblers to align properly. They'll wear out a throsslerod in a hurry.

Thanks for the info! It belonged to my grandfather and we found it while going through the crazy amount of gadgets(cameras, projectors, walkie talkies, etc.) he owned. I don't know anything about almost any type of audio equipment. Do you guys know what years these things were made?

well that would be true if it was the p881BS model but with the p881 all you need to do is tap on the glass of the flux capacitor and bring her up to 88mph and she'll smooth right out. my buddy Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown works on these units all the time and can fix anything, you should see the giant guitar amp he built! it will blow you clean into a stack or boxes!!

yeah but the early production models had a run of bad tibbulated connundrum drums.

If you don't have a chrome kannibulin pin in your toolbox, you can forget about fixing it.

and that's not even counting the ballard blow toaster.... Those things take SIX reticulated armfarblers to align properly. They'll wear out a throsslerod in a hurry.

Man, you guys are just TOO technical for a layman like me...:D

Back
Top Bottom