Fisher Model 5115?

DNAgent

Addicted to Goodwill
Picked up some Fisher Model 5115's today at the salvation army for $7.00, in bad need of a refoaming. I can't find anything on the interwebs about these speakers...anyone out there know anything?

Probably mid 80's SANYO(Fisher was/is a division of Sanyo from the mid 70's on). Generic Boomy Box stuff. The drivers might be 1/2 way decent for mid 50W max. amp. But the box is most likely 1/2" fiberboard or flakeboard.

And FYI! POSTING the same request in more than 1 forum is BAD FORM! A little reading of the Rules will keep you on the good side of the moderators. Some of it's boring, but it all has to be read and followed to maintain your good standing in AK.

Larry

Sorry about the double post, and thanks for the info!

Can anyone confirm this as 80's Sanyo junk not worth my time? I'm going to look inside later tonight, will post pics if I find anything revealing!

OK, so here's what I found inside. Seems the 15" woofer is legit Fisher, made in PA. The M & T are both made in Japan, with SA prefixes on the item numbers. "SA" = Sanyo?

I'd like some opinions...would it be worthwhile to refoam the woofers and put some dampening material in the box? :scratch2: Other than surround rot everything is in good condition and hella heavy.

Thanks!:D

photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo2.jpg
Fisher5115-1.jpg

Revision. Mid 70's. Better than 80's Sanyo/Fisher Stuff. Fisher was making speakers in Milroy until the late 70's IIRC. I'd refoam the Woofer, and test. Then add some Damping material (fiberglass) a bit at a time. It's ported so not much damping material will be needed. Good Garage speaker.

Thanks for the info! :D I've found a few sites with refoam kits for the woofer, will post pics when finished.

Thanks for the info! :D I've found a few sites with refoam kits for the woofer, will post pics when finished.

I've got a set that look the same other than the model number and my 15'' drivers have cloth surrounds. D-15 is the model, and 120 watts RMS. I by-passed those pesky overload breakers years ago though and have pushed them well beyond their ratings with no failures in the '' Jam-out only room '' where I have two pair stacked just for that purpose. Keeps the kids away from my JBL's. :D

Refoam done! :banana:

Definitely good for garage speakers, and the bass is insane! Muddy sound compared to the rest of my collection, so I'll probably sell them off to make room for something new :scratch2:

photo6-1.jpg

photo7-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom