FOR PICKUP ONLY Vintage ElectroVoice Klipsch Aristocrat Speaker Looks,SoundsGood

Nothing Klipsch about it though. Just an EV Aristocrat. They came with at least 3 driver compliments. It would have to be the higher end drivers to be worth that.

I have one just like it, BTW, looking for a mate. :D

The Aristocrat cabinet is a Paul Klipsch design. . :yes:

BTW....that's a $100.00 minimum bid,not a BIN.

ev enclosure

I built 2 way back in the 50's.
Both purchased at the same time from Allied in Chi. Both cabinets were entirely different for construction.
I called Allied about differences and they said it was all they had.
I built them and was disgusted. Neither went together easy. Much fiddling to get together. I finally got them together and put 12" Wolverines in each. Thankfully the Wolverines were the same. I never put tweeters in and they needed them. The 12" Wolverines were ok but limited. No bass to speak of and highs were somewhere else.
I eventually went to L-100's and solved all my problems. It took 6 years.
My wife wanted to know why I wanted to stay up all night listening to them. And she was a music major. I still have the L-100's but the EV's were long gone.

Paul

I have one of those! I hooked it to a mono system, but I have to say that the sound really sucked. The cabinets, however, are truly beautiful, and I always wonder which driver I could put in one. Great sound and cool vintage looks would be VERY NICE!

I'm not set on having a pair, necessarily. Just hard to sell ONE of em locally, since no one else around here already has one. :smoke:

Mine's got a dark finish, BTW, not blonde.

BTW I forgot it was a PWK design. Less of a stretch to list that in the ad, but still name dropping, IMO.

Chris, I have one each in walnut, mahogany, and prima vera. Next time you are passing through, you'll have more going home. :tresbon:

As for the PWK design...not really. EV paid a licensing fee for free use of the KHorn enclosure and the shorthorn, but never used the shorthorn as designed by Klipsch. The Aristocrat was actually a little sturdier than the shorthorn, with its much better back brace. EV desperately wanted to drop the licensing fees they paid Klipsch, so in short order they came out with an 18" and 30" front firing rear loaded bass horn that short circuited the additional costs. Klipsch still used the quid pro quo agreement for the EV T35 tweeter for may years.

Last edited:
Whenever I have one of something - sooner or later... I seem to end up with three.

Just sayin'.

That said, I'd sho'nuff like to have any number, odd, even, or prime, of Aristocrat cabinets. I've got plenty of drivers to stuff in... a few.

Mrs. H would kill me, though...

attachment-27.jpg

:scratch2:

Chris, I have one each in walnut, mahogany, and prima vera. Next time you are passing through, you'll have more going home. :tresbon:

As for the PWK design...not really. EV paid a licensing fee for free use of the KHorn enclosure and the shorthorn, but never used the shorthorn as designed by Klipsch. The Aristocrat was actually a little sturdier than the shorthorn, with its much better back brace. EV desperately wanted to drop the licensing fees they paid Klipsch, so in short order they came out with an 18" and 30" front firing rear loaded bass horn that short circuited the additional costs. Klipsch still used the quid pro quo agreement for the EV T35 tweeter for may years.

Dave, I thought I'd read somewhere that beyond the licensing fee, PWK actually had a hand in the Aristocrat design as part of the deal to get access to bulk quantities of EV drivers.

Ha! I will keep that in mind. (Or YOU will end up with a matching pair - don't leave your garage open!) I think mine is mahogany.

I have a single, too. It's been painted piano black, but it has a lot of scrapes. I think it's Walnut underneath.

Back
Top Bottom