Great Bands That Will NEVER Be In The RRHOF

I checked first and was somewhat surprised that The Animals had made the cut. I mean, they were great, which ususally keeps ya outta the hall. But pretty hard to denty one of the (British) BIG FIVE (usually big four -- Beatles, Stones, Who & Kinks). But I've always included The Animals in this select collection of "elites".

... But pretty hard to denty one of the (British) BIG FIVE (usually big four -- Beatles, Stones, Who & Kinks). But I've always included The Animals in this select collection of "elites".

[emphasis added]

Funny, I don't associate good dentition with British rock bands ;)

(sorry -- couldn't resist)

Or else we get this: The Rave (local bar band par excellence circa mid 1980s @ Urbana-Champaign, IL)

That's (sort of) why I posited Crack the Sky. A notch above bar band status in their heyday, but still almost unknown outside of the mid-Atlantic.
Rolling Stone (for better or worse) raved over their eponymous debut album, though. :)

That's (sort of) why I posited Crack the Sky. A notch above bar band status in their heyday, but still almost unknown outside of the mid-Atlantic.
Rolling Stone (for better or worse) raved over their eponymous debut album, though. :)

Crack The Sky were a great outfit Doc. But I agree, they'll never make it the hall.

What about Spooky Tooth?

A legit contender IMO but never make it (also) IMO. Too PROG. I mean heack Bob, if King Crimson are unlikely to be inducted, what chance(s) have other serious PROG acts? I know YES made it -- how or why or for how many Euros paid I know not -- but they ain't KC, never were, never could be, especiallt during the Fripp + Wetton+ Bruford + Cross sequence (1973-1974).

Back
Top Bottom