Guys, I think I finally found my system.

SchweinHaus

Hey gang,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank this community. After roughly 7 years of cycling, 540 some posts, countless hours of research, and cycling through an absurd amount of eargear, I think I finally found "it."
I've got a Marantz 4270 powering the Mirage OS3 series towers and satellites. I've got the OMD 5's that I'm going to use for satellites eventually and I've got some Time Window 3's that will likely serve as my B speakers in some capacity, and I may throw a sub in the mix because the Mirages only go down to 70 or 50 hertz depending on whether I end up going with the towers or 4 all 4 OMD-5's I have(I found for a total of $160 #blessed), but the imaging is just fantastic. It's a really 3-d effect that sounds like it's emanating from the entire room all at once. I might have to eq out some of the more reverby tracks with the quadraphonic synthesizer, but I absolutely love it.
For my turntable, I've got a Nivico SRP-471-E3. It's a real oddball double idler drive, and a looker to boot. I also need to start diving down the DAC rabbit hole for digital sources, but it sounds solid out of my stock computer output (and less great on my phone.)
Anybody else have a system that they put together and the lightbulb just went on that this was it? I'm really happy to finally be here, and I wanted to take a minute to thank this community.

Good Day
I too have a soft spot for the OMD-5'. I use 4 in my home theater with an OMD-1 center and an AAD sub. Floor standing speakers are discouraged. In my man room, (my wife has a woman room) I have 2 systems, Klipsch Heresy and the option for another pair of OMD-5' and Klipsch Fortes' on the other system. I don't find much synergy with a Sansui AU 6500 and the Mirage's. Nevertheless I have enjoyed all the Mirage speakers I have owned. It's nice to see someone else enjoys them as much as I do.
Best,
"nikkofan"

Hey gang,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank this community. After roughly 7 years of cycling, 540 some posts, countless hours of research, and cycling through an absurd amount of eargear, I think I finally found "it."
I've got a Marantz 4270 powering the Mirage OS3 series towers and satellites. I've got the OMD 5's that I'm going to use for satellites eventually and I've got some Time Window 3's that will likely serve as my B speakers in some capacity, and I may throw a sub in the mix because the Mirages only go down to 70 or 50 hertz depending on whether I end up going with the towers or 4 all 4 OMD-5's I have(I found for a total of $160 #blessed), but the imaging is just fantastic. It's a really 3-d effect that sounds like it's emanating from the entire room all at once. I might have to eq out some of the more reverby tracks with the quadraphonic synthesizer, but I absolutely love it.
For my turntable, I've got a Nivico SRP-471-E3. It's a real oddball double idler drive, and a looker to boot. I also need to start diving down the DAC rabbit hole for digital sources, but it sounds solid out of my stock computer output (and less great on my phone.)
Anybody else have a system that they put together and the lightbulb just went on that this was it? I'm really happy to finally be here, and I wanted to take a minute to thank this community.

I too love the 4270. It’s my favorite out of all my Marantz’s and Pioneer.

Enjoy

Smokey

Back
Top Bottom