Has anyone heard this about tire rotation.

Not a surprise. I took in a few tires to get mounted at the one by me, they called up trying to sell me on a $1000+ rear brake job. "Mazda recommends replacing the calipers every 100,000 miles". Yeah, ok, sure.

Car repair shops are all the same - since cars today are 'so complex' (they're really not), they just assume everyone is an idiot and they can say anything and folks will believe them. Years ago I had the fuel pump on my car take a dump while on a trip, the ^$^$D dealer out near Philly (Marple-Pacifico Ford) not only wouldn't look at it quickly (saturday, mid day, WTF?), or give me any idea on where to get a rental car home ("uh...try the airport?"), they FINALLY got back to me monday afternoon with a laundry list of things that were 'broken' on the car. On, and a $150 'diagnostic' fee to have some kid plug a bluetooth dongle in and read the codes. They wanted $1500 to fix it. I ended up going down there and goosing the car home. Cow-orker fixed it. "Do the fuel pump, everything else is FINE"

When I got my Mazda, the dealer was more concerned with the survey Mazda was going to send me, than anything else.:rolleyes: Japanese car, so I can't comment on the service department yet, at 225,000 miles*.

FWIW, the only shop I've ever had good luck at was Verner-Cadby Ford up in Caldwell NJ. Also the only place I've ever been to that can do the plugs on a 4.6 3 valve without any drama whatsoever. Guy got all 8 out (at 150k miles!) without breaking a single one...

*Ok, I do my own brakes, it's popped a heater blower (10 kin repair once the parts arrived), rear wheel bearing, and I did the PCV valve at 140k, though that's a service item more or less anyway. Still, I can't complain about that. The infotainment system, though...well, it's behaved decently enough since the firmware was upgraded by me over winter break...

Back
Top Bottom