Has Sound & Vision finally stopped printing??

bergun

Just wondering since I haven't seen any new issues since last May. I've been to most every place that sells magazines in the Seattle area without any luck.

Thanks for looking!!

Stereophile is from the same publishing group. I wonder if it has anything to do with my not receiveing the last two issues. There were/are no copies of Stereophile or TAS at my local Barnes & Noble.

Last edited:
I believe that Sound and Vision is cutting back on the numbers of issues published per year.

Looks like the last Editors page on the website is May 2018 ...
I found this at the bottom of that last article. Maybe one or both have something to do with it. I highlighted one in red here.

On a separate note, Sound & Vision is proud to be a member of the AVTech Media family of publications. Based in the U.K., our new parent is the publisher of three superb British magazines that some of our old-timers might be familiar with. The flagship is none other than HiFi News & Record Review, which holds the title of the oldest remaining audio equipment magazine on the planet. Its two siblings include Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice. AVTech Media also runs a successful consumer audio show called The Hi-Fi Show Live. As part of this shift in ownership, we’ll be moving to a bimonthly print publication schedule. (Don’t worry — all existing subscriptions will be extended to reflect the change.) We’re happy to be part of a company with such a rich history in AV publishing and broad international reach, and look forward to working with our new colleagues.

Editor’s Note: Sadly, Rob Sabin recently left Sound & Vision to pursue other interests. Rob and his extraordinary skills as a leader, editor, and reviewer will be missed. We wish Rob the very best as we welcome our new Editor, Al Griffin, a veteran writer/reviewer and consummate AV pro who has been affiliated with S&V for many years. We know Al will serve us well with his deep knowledge of all things AV.

I guess its an end to an era for me... I've been reading Stereo Review/Sound & Vision since December 1979/January 1980 monthly and have every single issue they printed since then.

Well, that's one thing I can now check off from my monthly to do list... Sadly, but I knew it was coming.

I was a Stereo Review subscriber I think all the way back to 1977. Sadly I had to lose them all before a long and very stressful move. Bi-monthly does not surprise me. I am wondering if Stereophile is doing the same, as they're all under the same corporate umbrella.

Back
Top Bottom