Have you noticed with a lot of the modern music that...?

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by Quadman2, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Quadman2

Quadman2 Addicted Member

I've noticed as of late, so much of the modern music has the same quick beat without change, much like found in some of the Eastern Asia type of music? After a while it gets to me that there no change from start to finish.

Got a couple of other POV's to make but will wait till later after some may chime in...and see if it's just my take on the new tunes out there.

Curious.

Q

Please register to disable this ad.

2. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

What gandra of music, I mean I can pick two new titles that are extremely different. Maybe it’s you gravitating to the same music that all new sounds alike

3. UncleBingo

UncleBingo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Early Digital audio workstations tended to discourage tempo changes. It can be done more easily now, but you have to be aware of it's availability to dig down into the program to find it. Also, having everything lined up to the same beat makes editing easier.

Quadman2 likes this.
  4. Quadman2

Quadman2 Addicted Member

Maybe? It's the mainstream type of "gooey-type" of I can't live without you songs.

Usually, I don't listen to much in the way of air waves during the day, but the new stuff seems to have a repetitive beat that seems not that important in the tunes that I've taken in. The beat just skips along without any change along the way as it plays out.

Maybe it's me?

Q

5. UncleBingo

UncleBingo AK Subscriber Subscriber

The old guy in me wants to suggest that lazy is the new minimalism, but it could simply be market-driven.

Tempo changes make for awkward dancing...let alone "Twerking" hahaha!

poppachubby and dondoucette like this.
  6. jcamero

jcamero Who are you people anyway? Subscriber

I only notice the guitar is less prevalent in the new music I hear streamed at work.

7. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

LOL - y'all crack me up. In the early 80's you heard Human League, etc and they were just as you described it. What is different is that you are getting older and turning into your parents.

8. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

What guitar? The only thing remotely resembling a musical instrument in use on most modern pop releases is a keyboard.

Dave1384 likes this.
  9. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

Junk

Dave1384 likes this.
  10. QRanc

QRanc Well-Known Member

Kids these days wouldn't know good music if they heard it. A bunch of no-good-nicks, I tells ya. :rolleyes:

I think the state of radio is the issue, not the music. If you're only listening to one source, you're only going to hear one type of music, typically. Stop listening to commercial radio! The diversity and availability of music these days is incredible. Put in the effort to find it, and you'll be greatly rewarded. Or, I suppose you could spend that time complaining online instead.

11. botrytis

As I said, Y'all are a bunch of old fogies. Your parents said the same thing about the music you were listening to when you were young.Is there junk music now - sure but there is also some great music and great artists out there. One just has to go out and listen with an open mind and heart.

People are lauding Greta Van Fleet, which is a new group and a bunch of young men playing their hearts out. So, I guess based on what y'all have been saying their music is junk.

Remember, there are no absolutes in this hobby.

c.coyle, 4-2-7 and likebike23 like this.

12. noogies

No, it's just been done before, ad nauseum.

Cactus Bob likes this.
  13. botrytis

Then you really are an old fogie.......

14. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Modern popular music is sheer bs, says the old man HarmanKardon.

15. QRanc

QRanc Well-Known Member

Completely and shamelessly aping another bands sound and aesthetic is a little sad. Being inspired by a band, and being to hear the influence in the music is one thing. Greta Van Fleet is another. I can not get on board with them.

noogies likes this.
  16. noogies

That's right! Old enough to have heard it the first time, anyway.

Dave1384 likes this.

17. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

OP have you noticed that we are all becoming older and most of us less and less tolerant of change as time goes by? That's what's up. My dad 's comment about our music in the "70's was, "The natives are restless again.: referring to what in his opinion was the repetitive beat - beat - beating of the drums in Led Zeppelin. Absolute monotone garbage in his accordion - polka - ass opinion. For every song you hate ten million kids are thinking, "Cool I can't wait to buy this." Sound familiar? I think you already know what I'm sayin' and this thread a bit trolly to see what comes out. Carry On.

botrytis likes this.
  18. noogies

On the other hand, my dad liked a lot of the music I listened to when I was a kid. He bought "OK Computer" by Radiohead when he was in his mid-70s.

19. noogies

Now that I re-read this, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to -- got any examples?

20. Harvestor

Harvestor Super Member

I'm a believer in 432 being what is best for Mankind.

There are many songs with beats that are repetitive that I like but for me there's a time & place depending on my mood.

But there's a lot of junk music thrown together just to make money off those unsuspecting masses just following what's "trending" or pushed on them by the "star Maker's" in the music industry.

UncleBingo likes this.