Hello Klipsch fans,just scored a set of K-horns tell me what you think.

Congrats on the K-Horns!

(BTW, the trombone is put together wrong. The slide section should be on the other side of the bell so when it is in playing position the bell is beside your left ear.

And where ever did you find the old metal clarinets?) :)

They look nice, they left the factory looking like mine without sides or grill cloth (mine are birch not fir like yours), the second owner did a nice job. They'd look great with a nice veneer on the lower cabinet. mine are still unfinished and have only been wiped down with danish oil
just noticed the model number they are L's that makes them from 1973

P7070533.jpg
Veneer would be nice but cleaning them up good enough to do it after having carpet glued on and then p-lam glued on would be a PITA . I’m going to do a nice wood grain p-lam job on them instead.

I prefer the B style for looks but performance wise I am kind of fond of the older Khorns with the T35 driver for the highs. Of course I would want the latest crossover from Bill C. It really isn't about the cabinet style as long as you have a tight seal against the corner to keep the mids produced by the woofer smooth. I guess thats why they enclosed the backs on the later models. I heard both the old metal horn and the composite and the difference doesn't bother me. But I am not fond of the HF drivers with the metal diaphragms. But thats me. I always wanted to tri-amp a Kornerhorn using a precision time delays to match the mid and tweeter with the woofer. I guess it would be easy with a mini DSP. I mean if JBL can do it to a try-amped DD67000! Why not a Klipschorn?

Last edited:
Congrats on the K-Horns!

(BTW, the trombone is put together wrong. The slide section should be on the other side of the bell so when it is in playing position the bell is beside your left ear.

And where ever did you find the old metal clarinets?) :)
Thanks and lolz on the T-bone,it was like that when I found it at a garage sale for $15,the metal clarinets were an eBay find and cheap.
I forget what I paid for them but it wasn't much,I think the shipping was more than the purchase price,they're pretty beat up but fun wall art.
Still looking to score something for the other wall. Here's the outside wall around the corner.
058.JPG

Hey I can see that volcano from here! It looks like sunrise
I have Khorns and Speakerlab Ks. The SLks are at my daughters and she has a vaulted ceiling. And it pisses me off that those Speakerlabs sound better than my khorns. Either way they're both great. If I were you I'd hook them ALL up in that room. Assuming you have a couple more corners.
Maybe a quad system.
Also I have a low watt tube amp or two or...

Last edited:
Hey I can see that volcano from here! It looks like sunrise
I have Khorns and Speakerlab Ks. The SLks are at my daughters and she has a vaulted ceiling. And it pisses me off that those Speakerlabs sound better than my khorns. Either way they're both great. If I were you I'd hook them ALL up in that room. Assuming you have a couple more corners.
Maybe a quad system.
Also I have a low watt tube amp or two or...

Well howdy neighbor yes a sunrise shot.
I'm an Orygun native born in Oregon City then raised in Sherwood and then high schooled in Bend (class of '74) but been up here in SW Wa since 1981.
Unfortunately I only have one other corner and it has a window, the other side bedroom/bathroom doors and a stairwell.
I had that run all 4 thought as well but there's just no place for the second pair.

Understood...... BTW that tweeter issue is no big deal. And that's assuming it actually needs a diaphragm. When I got my Klipschorns one of my tweeters didn't work, and it was due to a bad capacitor in the crossover.

$1200 is a nice price.
I’ve had dreams about these speakers , that is an outstanding price .
.-a new pair is like 6k a pair ? Or more
I see used is only way to get a good price gotta be loaded to afford a new pair.

I’ve had dreams about these speakers , that is an outstanding price .
.-a new pair is like 6k a pair ? Or more
I see used is only way to get a good price gotta be loaded to afford a new pair.
Try $6000 a piece so $12,000 a pair!

Limited production run for high rollers.
So the only limited or just a few made per year? More people would buy them if they found a way to make them cheaper without ruining sound . Klipsch clearly dosnt plan on making big big affordable speakers . Paraalaledin are like $25k ea? Or whatever there flagship are.

So the only limited or just a few made per year? More people would buy them if they found a way to make them cheaper without ruining sound . Klipsch clearly dosnt plan on making big big affordable speakers . Paraalaledin are like $25k ea? Or whatever there flagship are.
I dunno,haven't really researched what Klipsch offers in the way of new speakers aside from the Heritage series.
My budget doesn't allow for new high end audio so I try not to look, lol

Back
Top Bottom