Henry Rollins' $200K speakers: How punk is(n't) that?

A couple of comments which are about as useful as most of the above (don't all y'all go gettin' upset, just sayin' I'm on par...)

1. About the aesthetics of canary yellow speakers...who amongst us has NOT had a good sounding speaker with either poor aesthetics (your opinion) or poor aesthetics (her opinion)?

2. I DON'T much care what he spends of his own dough buyin' those suckers new with whatever custom paint job he wanted... I DO kinda wonder what he'd let me have 'em for when he dumps them to redecorate to next years decorator (non-primary) colour?? I would happily redecorate my living room to match his cast-offs...!!!

Last edited:
Just remember the singer for the Dead Kennedy's is a high powered lawyer now.

It seems people on this board don't change (attitudes that is) and the rest do.
Jello isn't a lawyer, he's still doing music, and other Jello things. The punk has never died in that one, for sure. :)

Rollins sold himself years ago, FWIW, and hasn't made any music that I consider decent in a very long time. I could be wrong, but I'm doubting Jello has a $300K stereo. Hell, I doubt he has a $3K one.

"Musicians should not play music. Music should play musicians". H.R. ;)

Last edited:
Indulging in a hobby isn't consumerism, it's following an interest... that's my view anyway

Johnny Ramone, arguably the original Punk, was a working class guy who was in it for the money and made no bones about it. Working class people tend to take work seriously and want to be paid for it. Bourgeois types with access to money can afford to hold it in contempt; a trick of the rich.

Johnny Ramone, arguably the original Punk, was a working class guy who was in it for the money and made no bones about it. Working class people tend to take work seriously and want to be paid for it. Bourgeois types with access to money can afford to hold it in contempt; a trick of the rich.

Amen, brother.

According to half the people on here. If you didn't find it in a ditch on the side of the road in perfectly functional condition... then you overpaid.

So, If you spend $300,000 dollars on stereo equipment does that mean you need to spend hundreds of thousands (depending on how big.) and build the 'perfect acoustical room' to listen to your system? If you don't build did you waste that $300,000 dollars?

All the power to him, i would do the same or even further if i had his bank acct..damn it would be crazy audio disneyland:banana:
As for being a sellout..meh, im betting he sleeps ok.

Last edited:
So, If you spend $300,000 dollars on stereo equipment does that mean you need to spend hundreds of thousands (depending on how big.) and build the 'perfect acoustical room' to listen to your system? If you don't build did you waste that $300,000 dollars?

No, to both questions.

I will graciously shoulder the guilt of everyone here who has a system costing more than 1000.00 u.s.d-no need to thank me, I can bear it, just pack it well and send it to me. You W I L L feel better for it![sure you will]

An audio site attacking or mocking how a audio enthusiast enjoys the same interests as the ones who attack.....nice!
You know what's true rebellion? Creating art, earning a pile of money along the way and living your life on your own terms....and needing nobody else to approve.
As far as "selling out" that's such a cliché, the man made punk music when he was young and probably naive.... People evolve and mature. I for one would enjoy both his and his systems company.

^^^

Yeah, me too. He was quick witted and understood the concept of humility. And offered a refreshing perspective from across the pond. That's valuable stuff.

Back
Top Bottom