How many of you have a Nakamichi CD player?

Do you own a Nakamichi CD player?

• Total voters
I was surprised by how heavy and solid the OMS-3A (pictured in Crazyblocks post #102) is. There is virtually no flex of the chassis at all and it almost felt like I was picking up a small receiver. We’ve never had a chance to try either of them out. They were “thrown in” with a Sansui receiver by a Craig’s list seller many years ago. Most of our music is digitized on a nas or vinyl so it hasn’t been a priority. If we were to restore one of the two (MB-2 or the OMS-3A), any opinions on which would be best to focus on?

The two cd-4s look like they were made buy completely different manufacturers. I’m sure there is probably some info regarding that to be found around here somewhere.

I have an MB-4s I bought new in 1990 or so. Can't remember. Have always loved the sound. Haven't used it much at all in the last 15 years, even though it's hooked into the main house system. Now I installed it in my office, wanting to go through all my old CDs and… the tray won't open at all. Kept pecking at the buttons until I got an 'er' message. Ordered a couple belts on eBay today. We'll see if that makes a difference. I feel like—based on what I've read here—I'll be very lucky to get those installed and have them make a difference.

I voted no, but in the past I would have voted a conditional yes.
I previously owned a Sonab C500 cassette deck, which was a rebadged and (externally) redesigned Nakamichi 500. I loved it's quality and clean design, however, it got "lost" between capital cities when it needed repair. I got ripped-off by the distributor in the process.
sonab-c-500-820x615.jpg

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - I have a CD Player 2 and the belt(s) are shot. Drawer won't open unless you give it a nudge from the back (with the top off). I've replaced lots of CD player belts, but this one looks like a real pain. Does anyone have hints or instructions on how to replace the belts in this thing without fully dismantling the unit? It otherwise works great and sounds amazing.

I too am having no luck in finding out how to replace the belts on my CD Player 2. I have the service manual, but it is of no help. I have searched the web and still no directions on how to gain access to the belts. I am wondering if removing the 4 feet and the removing the bottom plate is the way to go.004.JPG

Back
Top Bottom