https not active. Is this intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me why I have 50 "cookies" in my history from 5 minutes of browsing AK? No other sites viewed. I cleared and repeated the process a number of times. Same result, 40-50 on average after just a few minutes.

Can anyone tell me why I have 50 "cookies" in my history from 5 minutes of browsing AK? No other sites viewed. I cleared and repeated the process a number of times. Same result, 40-50 on average after just a few minutes.

There must be a lot of cookies/scripts in use to track us here ...
usually for Ad revenue, isn't it?

Or - are they Russian cookies, nuggets nested inside other nuggets, all signed by Vlad Putrid

There must be a lot of cookies/scripts in use to track us here ...
usually for Ad revenue, isn't it?

I guess so. I tried facebook for a comparison and had 6 cookies in my history. They have a lot more advertisers.
I can't discuss this topic with any level of insight. Just wondering why it happens, can't even say it's bad or good, other than it seems on the surface to be a lot.

I guess so. I tried facebook for a comparison and had 6 cookies in my history. They have a lot more advertisers.
I can't discuss this topic with any level of insight. Just wondering why it happens, can't even say it's bad or good, other than it seems on the surface to be a lot.
My guess its the type of Ad's

Here its a lot of olde fashioned banners.

Those rotate constantly as you navigate forums and sub forums.

Facebook is a bit more sophisticated at stealing your info and monotonization of you.

Frannie

Its been discussed AD NASEUM with various newbies in the past ...
Some one brings it up about once a week or so ...

Yeah I'm not surprised. Sort of like if you are driving around with your mug sitting on top of your car, and people keep honking and pointing at you. Anyway, thanks for answering the question. I see many other people have offered, but feel free to add me to the list. Be happy to contribute. Great site.

Again, it would be up to the OWNER of the site to allow a stranger to dink with their server certificate setting.
However well intentioned, there could be complications to such work.

Click on the Home icon in the navagation bar and you should see the site as https now. If not, try clearing your cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom