Why are SX-1980 auctions always so odd?

I was looking at that one too.I know the pictures were lifted from an ebay auction that ended a few months ago.

Also the private bidding, one day auction and the "contact me for a BIN" at a certain email address...outside of ebay!Steer clear! :nono:

The seller is located in the US but the item location is the UK.

Last edited:
SX-1980 auctions are high dollar auctions... easy for a scammer to make a lot of money quick and run! :nono:

Scott

Lately SX-1980's have been listed in hijacked accounts. I emailed one of the "contact me BIN's" and asked if I could bid "$1,000,000.00 just to see all the zeroes before his listing got cancelled." He emailed me to "F### Off." :D

hakka26 said:
Lately SX-1980's have been listed in hijacked accounts. I emailed one of the "contact me BIN's" and asked if I could bid "$1,000,000.00 just to see all the zeroes before his listing got cancelled." He emailed me to "F### Off." :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

wesley1959 said:
Fargin' iceholes....!! :gigglemad

Thanks wesley1959 - I've reported it.

BTW, this is scam #7 based on my February auction that I've reported to ePrey, and the second one today. These crooks must have some kind of password cracking software running and they run this scam everytime they find some hapless eBayer with great feedback, but a crappy (easily cracked) password...

wesley1959 said:
Looks like they deleted it. Another one bites the dust !
Good - they're finally getting quicker. The first few lasted about 12 hours AFTER I clued them in; now eBay's pulling 'em in about 60-90 minutes. I really hope I'm pissing this scammer off... :finger:

Just the other day I saw one ,or should I say the same one and it was listed for 700 dollars and free shipping.So I emailed him and said I'd be glad to give 700 for it and I wanted to get in my truck and drive strait to MO to pay him as soon as I got there.He emailed me back and said he was out of the country and was using his USA paypal to sell it. I knew it was a screw deal,I just wanted to hear what line of shit he would give me. :D

next time a scam sx-1980 auction pops up im gona send them this message, "hi there im very interested in this auction but sadly i dont have paypal or a bank account , would it be ok if i send cash? and can i add 40 dollars to postage for extra strong packing? i really am interested in this amp. many thanks." get them all excited for nothing mwhahaha :thmbsp:

got a reply from the guy in a matter off minuits

Hello Dave,

Don't worry this is not a problem as a form of payment I will use Western
Union if that is ok for you?
Shipping cost is free,and also a refund police of 10 working days will be
inclued
now I will tell you what to know aboth sx 1980:
The item is like new in original box,with all wires,manual instructions all
you need
regards

no name left lol

The SX-1980 is in the UK the seller is registered in the USA the auction is a one day bidder ID private with a $2.00 opening bid and a NON ebay $700.00 BUY IY NOW in violation of ebay rules, He wants Western Union but the auction asks for Paypal.

WOW I think I'll bid wonder what would happen if I won it for $2.00??? how much would shippng be for a 80Lb reciever from the twilight zone to Oregon???? And what kind of packing do you use to survive that trip?

Back
Top Bottom