Kreshna

...but I have to know.
Last year I got married and became a father And then we were three. Guess what happened about nine months later? ;)

00-now-we-are-four.jpg

Now we were four.

Allow me to introduce the youngest member of my family: Siti Trianovi Salsabila, or Tria for short. She was born on June 27 at Limijati Hospital, Bandung, about half an hour after sunset.

02-Siti-Trianovi-Salsabila-right-after-birth.jpg

Siti Trianovi Salsabila (Tria), right after birth.

The name 'Siti' and 'Tria' are taken from my beloved mother's name: Siti Sutriah Nurzaman. 'Novi' is from my wife's name, Evi Novianti. 'Salsabila' is taken from a Quranic verse about a never ending fountain in heaven. Now, some of you my ask, where does the 'Nurzaman' go? Surprise! 'Nurzaman' is not my surname. Yes, many Indonesians don't use family name, as our names are not typically divided into first and family names (also, this and this might help). However, it's customary for sons to take a part of his father's name out of respect, and wife to do the same with her husband's name out of love.

Anyway, that was probably the most memorable Thursday for us. We were anxious, we were sleepless, but everything ended well. :)

01-Anxiously-waiting-at-the-hospital.jpg

Those were us about four hours before Tria's birth, anxiously waiting.

My stepdaughter, Shafa Hawairul Aini, Evi's daughter from her deceased husband, was notably ecstatic from the birth of her sister. She adores her so much!

03-Shafa-adores-her-sister-pic-01.jpg

04-Shafa-adores-her-sister-pic-02.jpg

05-Shafa-adores-her-sister-pic-03.jpg

Shafa adores her sister so much...

06-Shafa-adores-her-sister-pic-04-at-home.jpg

...she just couldn't stop cradling her!

Anyway, this is Tria when she was about two weeks old.

10-Tria-about-two-weeks-old.jpg

Tria, about two weeks old.

Around the third week we performed aqiqah. That is, an Islamic tradition of slaughtering a sheep and distributing the meat to the poor, as well as preparing feats for family and friends, to celebrate a child's birth.

11-Tria-s-aqiqah-celebration.jpg

Tria's aqiqah celebration.

Tria has notably become very active when she reached the age of one month. She also has big apetite. Breastfeeding is more than sufficient to satiate her though.

12-Tria-one-month-old.jpg

Tria, one month old.

13-Shafa-adores-her-sister-so-much.jpg

Shafa couldn't stop adoring her baby sister.

About a week ago we gave Tria a haircut, and she looked even cuter!

14-Tria-after-haircut-about-five-weeks-old.jpg

Tria after haircut. Yes, she kept waving her hands when I photographed her.

15-My-wife-and-daughters.jpg

My wife and daughters after evening prayer.

16-Evi-and-Tria.jpg

Evi and Tria.

17-Shafa-adores-her-sister.jpg

Shafa always adores her sister.

18-Evi-and-our-Little-Red-Hood.jpg

Evi and our Little Red Hood.

So, now there are four of us! We were anxious, we were tired, we spent sleepless night, but we are happy! :) And yes, I'm the obsessive-compulsive parent when it goes to our baby ("is she comfortable with that position?", "why is she crying? Is she alright?", "OH MY GOD IS SHE BREATHING? IS SHE BREATHING?"), while my wife handles it all with grace. Shafa is getting into jealous phase now, but she still adores her baby sister. So yes, we are all happy. :)

19-The-four-of-us.jpg

The four of us.

The only sad part of all this happiness is I cannot share it with my mother, she passed away in 2015. I still miss her so much. The photo below was taken at Adisucipto International Airport, Yogyakarta. Mother went to the city of Surakarta (which is reached through Yogyakarta from Bandung) to undergo stem cell treatments, to cure the systemic sclerosis she had suffered for decades. Neither of us ever thought it would be one of our last moments together.

20-Me-and-Mom-January-2015.jpg

My mother and I in January 2015, about five months before she passed away.

Congratulations! You are obviously a proud father, and for very good reason. Wishing you and your family all the best.

Congrats Daddy

My stepdaughter, Shafa Hawairul Aini, Evi's daughter from her deceased husband, was notably ecstatic from the birth of her sister. She adores her so much!

03-Shafa-adores-her-sister-pic-01.jpg

She's going to learn how to be a Mommy with her new sister...

Thank you, everyone. :)

@4-2-7 : indeed. If anything, Shafa is too eager to learn. For example, she wants to cradle Tria very often. And whenever Tria cries, Shafa is usually the first to calm her. Aren't they adorable? :)

Congratulations
I used the same phrase "now we are four", but it was during my speech at daughter's wedding welcoming my new son in law to our family.I'm a bit further down the road than you,enjoy every precious moment.Hope your children grow up knowing what records are!

Thank you everyone. :)

Unfortunately I have to stay away from Tria, for a couple of days, perhaps. I'm having flue!

We have decided to exclusively breastfeed her though, is that true breastfeeding makes the baby's immune system stronger?

Thank you everyone. :)

Unfortunately I have to stay away from Tria, for a couple of days, perhaps. I'm having flue!

We have decided to exclusively breastfeed her though, is that true breastfeeding makes the baby's immune system stronger?
Congratulations. You have a beautiful and happy looking family.

Yes, breastfeeding makes for a healthier child, especially within the first three months.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colostrum

They grow up so fast.

Though we were trying my wife and I weren't blessed with children for 10yrs. In the following 4 though plagued with numerous health issues we were overjoyed with the births of 3 wonderful sons.

Seemed like only days (18 yrs actually) they were starting their own lives and leaving the nest. Enjoy your beautiful family and take lots of pictures, the memories will bring you so much joy looking back.

My oldest now has three children of his own, my second and his lady are expecting their first (Julien) in October. It's great being a grandfather, wish my wife could have been here to enjoy them along with me, we always wanted to be in the grammy and grampy business together.

Back
Top Bottom