Iconic Stereo Review/Audio magazine images

FOH Engineer

Lunatic Member
image.jpeg Anybody have any thoughts of or pics of the magazines iconic department or column images. Or even corny recurrent advertising. This one probably ran 30 years.

I miss those magazines so much. I enjoyed reading reviews that did nothing other than relare facts and figures that were minimally helpful with regards to actual listening; but they were still good reads. I once knew a speaker designer who told me Julian Hirsch oftetimes relied on the manufacturer of the product being reviewed for test specs and text to be used in his reviews...who cares, it was great audio make believe.

I also miss the beautiful audio photo layouts, the Rodreguez (sp?) cartoons and the little cards with the numbers on them to receive audio liturature from manufacturers. Ahhhhh, those were the days.

Good listening.

The Charles Rodriguez cartoons are classics. I received a book of his Stereo Review cartoons as a gift back in the 90s. It was a great trip down memory lane. He captured the audiophile spirit (or sickness :D ) better than most...

upload_2017-5-2_16-45-33.png

View attachment 857241 Anybody have any thoughts of or pics of the magazines iconic department or column images. Or even corny recurrent advertising. This one probably ran 30 years.

Having long ago owned a set of round badge 1960s Gretsch drums when I see this I think the drummer is desperately trying to hold his kit together and thinking "tomorrow I'm buying some Rogers hardware"; which is what I did: Rogers stands, spurs and tom holder on Gretsch tubs.

Please don't try this at home!

index.php

Back
Top Bottom