JBL 4367 stand question

dgcrell

Hello,

I recently inherited a pair of JBL 4367s from my dad. He didn't die; he downsized his home and moved. Lucky break for me! I also got a pair of JBL Horizon L166s from him! I grew up with these speakers and they are my benchmark that I use for all other speakers. Love them.

Anyway, he tells me that the speakers would sound best if they were elevated a bit and that I should get some stands. He never got around to it. I have tried search for stands large enough to fit these speakers but haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

First of all, Welcome to AK. To help us, what is your room like? What is the floor? I have L200t3's which are 36" high, they have a short base but do sit on a stone hearth 5" off the floor, this puts the compression driver at ear level for my listening chair. A perfect set up for me. If you have a hard floor, talk to a woodworker and make something out of 2 x 4's with a top or just a 2 x 6 frame for a base. At the same time make 12" high bases for your L166's, mine really benefited from the height. Enjoy the Music.

Wow; that's one hell of an "inheritance." The general idea is to decouple the woofers from the floor (tightening up the bass) and put the horns at ear level, but honestly, depending how they work in your space, those speakers may not need much or any elevation, as they were designed to sit on the floor. If you do raise them up, it shouldn't be very high; maybe 6-8" or so.

I'd probably make something like these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kenrick+stands (click on Images).

Kenrick 1.jpg
gallery_photo.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I should clarify, I am looking for stands for the 4367s. He had plenty of time to find stands for the L166s haha.

Just curious if op had found a good pair of stands. I'm in the same boat.
You can of course make stands on the cheap, and from rock solid materials. Weight, work, placement all come into play.

I did such for my 4430 Monitors, which is IMO the poor man's 4367. I got them up a little bit, I didn't want them 16" off the floor, just a mere 4"-5" was all. And planted. The 4430 is 127lbs ea.

Concrete Pavers, a slew of them. Like 16 to start! LOL Or spend over a G-Note, Kenrick will ship them.

Back
Top Bottom