JVC does not get much respect

My table is a JVC QL-A7 and I love it.

QLA7-w-yellow.jpg

I know the older JVCs kicked a$$ an sounded great!!!!!!!!!!!!

JVC had a nitch. Real nice fine sounding quality units that just lasted forever. Still using a JVC 1985 boombox that sounds super great. Got it in Japan. I use it 'every day' in the garage now which is really very hot with maximum humidity (SW Fla)! Drug that boombox all over the world for mega-years, since 1985, and it's taken some hard hits, that's for sure, it's dented up, and it just keeps crankin out great sound. Even the CD player still works. It's a bit chosey now with 'some CDs' but most work perfect 98% of the time, like me! haha. It's been a wonderful friend!!

And it sounds great! Real and life-like. It's unreal really. It sounds ' real '. Super Great sound. It's pretty darn perfect really.

It's a wonderful friend who 'never let me down'. It sure can take a beating, that's for sure!! And it's always comes up smiling!
** Maybe it just likes constant traveling??!! ** :>)

Well, it's semi-retired to the garage now, with me, in retirement!! AND IT 'STILL WORKS' AND SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya can't beat that! Hat's off to JVC for such a fine sounding and reliable product!!

Last edited:
I had a JVC tape deck once that was terrible. In general, I understand that JVC produced some very good things. My father still has a JVC stereo from the early 1980s which is still going strong, although he is in serious need of new speakers.

Last edited:
Kenwood JVC

Originally Posted by secondslc
There is a large japanese company that owns panasonic, their upper level brand is technics, and their even higher end brand is....victor.
Current ownership wiki quote
"In 2008, Matsushita (Panasonic) agreed to spin-off the company and merge it with Kenwood Electronics, creating JVC Kenwood Holdings, formed on October 1, 2008.
read that a while back link

I've got only two JVC pieces.
A QL-7 turntable that is terrific, there's a HUGE motor on that sucker and a really nice tonearm.
I also have an S.E.A.-20 equalizer. It is built like a tank, and its front panel is very handsome and user friendly. I wish I could find some matching pieces from that period, but JVC stuff seems to be pretty scarce...

I have a JVC RX-111 that has always been my backup receiver. It's only about 30wpc, but it has a nice sound, and has been rock solid in every application. I have used it as a "multimedia" receiver connected to my pc (back in the 90s when it was hip to have a "multimedia pc"). I have had it as a second zone amplifier running two bedrooms in a whole-house setup. Then, I had it running my garage setup for a while. Now I have it on my bench to test speakers. It's nothing special, but it isn't crap either.

I recently picked up a pair of 12" 3-way JVC rack system speakers with the white fisher-esque woofers. They sound good too.

I have a JVC QL-A75 turntable, love it. One of my favorite pieces of gear.

Also an AX-1100 integrated amp, don't love it, but it sounds quite nice with plenty of power. Heavy and well built.

And I have a pair of JVC speakers too, model SX-A6, large 3-ways with a big rectangular passive radiator. These actually sound really nice. I use them in a medium system driven by a NAD 3020 and they sound very "vintage" whatever that means :)

Eric.

My JVC-stack:

206hd1u.jpg

TX-900 tuner, XD-Z1100 DAT-recorder, AX-Z711 amp, XL-Z555 CD-player and TD-V711 cassettedeck.

Nice gear, Satch!

Hey Graz.

Is there a BN-5 in that stash? :sigh:

I have been waiting to get one those for such a long time. Had a guy that wanted to sell one awhile back, but he was in Germany & the shipping was a bt much for me.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom