JVC/ Nivico SRP-471E-3

Please let us know if you find a source for the motor mounts. I have one of these lovely turntables, too, and the motor mounts are just puddles of goo. I cannot even tell what their original size or shape was. It would be most helpful if someone who has good mounts could post a dimensioned sketch. Note that there are two different sizes. There are 3 of one size and 4 of the other size.
Rick

I looked up the part number in the Vinyl Engine service manual and then basically just googled the part number and came up with this as a replacement for one of the rubber bushings: (Part No. 52992-1)
And this one is listed as a bushing and is the same part number, M4728, though thecnically the manual says, "rubber bushing" not just bushing. There's no specs or pictures available for either of them, so it's a bit of a guessing game, but it's the best I can find.
Finally, I found jackpot of a website with a whole mess of parts for this deck, including the motor, some of the knobs, and a ton of different parts that might be hard to come by. Happy hunting.

The parts listed on those two pages listed as "no" under "availability". :no:
Maybe it's a linking issue? The UED website says some parts may not ship until mid april, and the Encompass website says 14 days, but they don't have the rubber motor mount iisolation bushings I need.

The parts listed on those two pages listed as "no" under "availability". :no:

it says "currently out of stock" but there's a scheduled shipping date (within 14 days). Strange... how and where could they locate such specific old discontinued parts ?

it says "currently out of stock" but there's a scheduled shipping date (within 14 days). Strange... how and where could they locate such specific old discontinued parts ?
It's a mystery to me as well. That it will take them the better part of 6 weeks just to ship one of the bushings suggests to me that they may have the specs and might actually manufacture the parts, though that's just speculation on my part. I once had to get a water pump for a 1963 Ford truck engine, and it took months to get the part because the provider was waiting to find a core to remanufacture, but they eventually got it.
I'm seeing parts like the motor ($106) and the tonearm ($93) that really interest me, though I probably don't have the money for that just yet. My motor is noisy, but it might just be the capistan rubbing because the mounts are out of alignment because the bushings are shot. I hear you can also, to some extent, rebuild these old motors, and may try that first. It looks like both sites actually have a dustcover, though that's $215 (and it's a substitute, so I'm not sure if it has all the woodwork and trim. I think the 471E-5 had a regular dustcover.) I'm going to give the knob and the bushings I need a shot and hope for the best.

I should note also that though both have the large idler wheel, the one that goes against the rim, it looks like only the encompass "jackpot" site has the smaller secondary idler wheel. I'm considering getting new ones as well, though I want to see how the motor bushings work out before I pull the trigger on something like that.

Unfortunately , my turntable doesn't run at all due to the bad rubber mounts/bushings. The plates they are attached to just flop around.
Rick
Though it looks like these bushings may take a long time to get, I may have identified a source. I'll let you know how it goes.

.... Aaaand I just got an email cancelling the order from UED for non-availability of parts.
So I also placed an order with Encompass. There's every chance that they'll bounce it back to, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
That's a gorgeous table and I wish you good luck finding the parts u need. Encompass has tons of vintage JVC parts listed, which builds your hopes up, but don't actually have them because they are obsolete. I went through this looking for VU meters for one of my JVC M-7050 Power amps. I ordered the part, said the same thing you experienced, finally heard back the part was no longer available and reimbursed my payment. I found the experience very frustrating. Ultimately I found an AKer in Japan and he graciously helped me find a parts amp, and had it shipped to me. Ended up the parts amp was in far better condition than the amp I needed parts for, and the original amp is now the parts amp, go figure! This may be a route to consider as far as looking for parts in Japan. Again, good luck getting your gorgeous table runningroperly.
Glenn

Well, Encompass got back to me saying the parts are no longer available as well. I've emailed JVC in hopes that they have the dimensions at lease so that I can get something to go in there. I think my big problem right now is that without the bushings, the motor sits too low and the gear is rubbing against some mounting screws. The quest continues. I'll update again when if I hear back from JVC.

What kind of bushing? I don’t want to go through 6 pages.

Rubber motor mount isolators or motor bushings/bearings?

Last edited:
Motor mount isolators. From motor plate to main assembly.

Attachments

• 20210102_005245_copy_1526x2036.jpg
    20210102_005245_copy_1526x2036.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 36
And still nothing? Gary at VOM had no thoughts either...other than cutting some up to try to "make" some that will work.

I poured a lot of money into a well-regarded tech in San Francisco on one of these things. He got the motor mounts and a spent capacitor fixed and a few other things, but then something else broke and it was making this dragging/screeching, and I haven't had the heard to take it back yet. I will say that it worked for an afternoon and it was marvelous, but I just decided to put my money elsewhere. Maybe when this next round of stimulus hits I'll take it back to him. If you're handy and you just want to give it a go, you could just wing it with any kind of rubber washer about the right size and keep trying different depths it until it's right, which is frankly what I think my guy did to an extent. There's just no replacement part for this, and I couldn't even track down the proper dimensions for the bushing. At a certain point, it's just a matter of tenacity.

Do NOT waste the time with the McMaster Carr washers that someone used. 42 bucks for those suckers. I am recently working on mine and tried that. They don't absorb vibration enough. I had a parts table and have three that seem good enough just for the motor mounts. I am hopeful that will eliminate the slight rumble. I also need to replace the motor run cap as mine starts out fine but slows down. The auto function works although it is a bit different than I expected. It does not actually move over to the record when started.....unless mine is not working correctly. You hit start and it starts spinning and then I set it over and hit it again and it lowers tonearm. Good luck and keep us posted. .

Dumb question but .....for some reason I am having trouble finding the other cap. The .047 1000volt. I will look a bit more.

BTW, SchweinHaus....are you able to tell if its the plate from the motor making that noise? I know you said your tech replaced the mounts but mine was doing that when it sagged badly? Just a thought.

I also would like to find an original headshell for mine....I will keep looking.

If anyone needs parts off of my chassis, let me know. I will help if possible!

Last edited:
Well I sure would like some good photos of some "good enough" bushings. Mine were so gone I really don't know what I am looking for. I'm taking a short break from that table because I'm in the doghouse big time. Gambled $171 on it not knowing I would run into this. Thought it was just a good old HQ table. Now I'm on death row with the wife. I need some parts, but I have to get it out again and see. Obviously the bushings I need a solution for. I haven't bothered with caps or electrical yet. All looks good.

Back
Top Bottom