klipsch Hersey owners “how are they with macintosh ma-252

Fattner

has anyone combined klipsch Hersey (I,,II, III) with mac MA-252 or other tube gear ? hows the magic please im thinking anout going this direction ,thx fattner

before i go all out and dwn sizing my beloved mac gear i just wanted to get others opinions on this match (tubes and klipsch

How to word this...

I've had a variety of tube and SS stuff with my Klipsch.

McIntosh MC-30's
McIntosh MC-2102
Wright 2A3 (pair)
Transcendent SE-OTL (pair)
Quad II (pair)
Jolida (??)
Viva 300B SET

Yamaha CR-2040
dbx BX-1
dbx BX-3
Crown K2

That's most of them.

Yeah, I'd say there were some sonic differences but the differences weren't black/white different... I ended up deciding for the maintainence issues, headache issues (I had a tube blow on me once), I was just as happy with SS sound and putting the extra cash in my pocket!!

So today, I have a K2 sitting on top of each (actively biamped) speaker, a K2 powering my Danley DTS-10 and the dbx BX-3 powering my LaScalas. All solid state (it sounds good AND is quiet as a church mouse with zero hum and zero fan noise)

Call Steve at Audio Classics he sells both Klipsch and MA 252. He owns a pair of Klipschorns. Ask him I'm sure he'll give you a thought ful answer. Tell him TWI told you to call. He'll only double the price on anything you want to buy.

Back
Top Bottom