Klipsch speaker Information labels/tags conservation

JAK

Hi there people :) I tried looking for this topic and I couldn’t find it although I’m sure it’s present somewhere. I have the tags on the back and each one has two staples in it, top and bottom. But as days go by they curl up even more and fade even more. Is there anything I can be doing for them without hurting them? Please and thank you of course as always

Attachments

• F0A4DDBE-809D-4250-855A-4EE7C00614AB.jpeg
    F0A4DDBE-809D-4250-855A-4EE7C00614AB.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
  • C4B247ED-6C8A-42F8-BF18-9F35B3EE8A95.jpeg
    C4B247ED-6C8A-42F8-BF18-9F35B3EE8A95.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
There are a number of ways to restore and preserve paper. You could source a preservation kit like used on rare or dilapidated books.
It consists of a re wetting spray to help reset the curling edges along with an ink fixative that will both preserve the ink and coat the paper with a fine layer of protectant wax along with mild adhesive properties to reset the curled edges back flat.
I would think it's doable, but the kits are a little $$$ for affixing a label.
But it will work.

There are a number of ways to restore and preserve paper. You could source a preservation kit like used on rare or dilapidated books.
It consists of a re wetting spray to help reset the curling edges along with an ink fixative that will both preserve the ink and coat the paper with a fine layer of protectant wax along with mild adhesive properties to reset the curled edges back flat.
I would think it's doable, but the kits are a little $$$ for affixing a label.
But it will work.

Well I’m thinking that not removing them is the only way to go. As far as keeping og you know… Some people are nuts and maybe I’m being a little crazy about it…; however, as u can see they are degrading and it is a real issue.

Hopefully a inexpensive route will turn up;although, I will do some more checking on your first mention. I am also hoping for real world experience for sure. I know someone and probably a ton of people have had to do this and there have been successes and failures on varying degrees no doubt.

I absolutely understand. I think we all are maybe a little crazy about audio. I get it. I obsess over things like matching banana plugs on every cable and toe in adjustment. We all have our thing.

Back
Top Bottom