Knight KN H30HC 3-way speaker pair

veggieguys

I have the chance to get these cheap. 12" Also says Allied Radio Corp of Chicage IL. They are in huge walnut cabinets at a sale near me. There is also a pot for adjustments sticking out the side of the cabinet. I'm thinking these would be best with a tube amp. They look to be in mint condition. Any info would be appreciated.

Huge Walnut Cheap strikes me as promising. Allied sold lots of manufacturer's equipment, so who knows what you might find in there?

I bought a pair of Knight Kn3000 recently; all EV components - 3 way ... horn mid and tweeter (12 inch woofer). They sound great, nice cabinet too. As Nat points out Allied used high quality components. Based on my experience - I would not hesitate.

Picture

Here is a pic of the cabinets. There is only one speaker per cabinet, front ported. Wish I had taken a pic when I had the back off to show the Knight driver, tweeter, mid and woofer in one. I believe it was sold as a kit and installed in these furniture boxes.

Attachments

• KNIGHT.jpg
    KNIGHT.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 70
Would it say that on the back of the woofer? It just says Knight KN H30HC 3 way there. The cabinets say nothing at all. Looks like the pic attached except it's not 888HC but H30HC.

Attachments

• knight kn 12 in.jpg
    knight kn 12 in.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 50
The drivers and the cabinets were sold separately (or the cabinet is a DIY).
KN H30HC isn't a model I know offhand.

Meanwhile... I am sitting here in our family room listening to Says You on the radio and surrounded by old Allied Radio catalogs :)

EDIT: Well, I see a KN 830BHC in the 1967 catalog. It appears to be an OEM version of the Electrovoice Wolverine LT-12 coax. Worth my scanning & posting or shall I just keep lookin'?

Last edited:
830HC it is! Here are the pics

Picked them up today. No one bought them so they were throwing them away. I arrived just in time with my truck. Heavy furniture! Free is a good price.

Sorry about the wrong model number. 8 and H sound alike so the guy who wrote it down for me must have heard me wrong. There is no B in the serial though.

I will hook them up soon to one of the most vintage amp/receivers that I have. Will a Sansui 5000X be too powerful at 55 wpc?

Report back how they sound soon.

Attachments

• Stereo cabinets 020.jpg
    Stereo cabinets 020.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 56
  • Stereo cabinets 022.jpg
    Stereo cabinets 022.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Stereo cabinets 025.jpg
    Stereo cabinets 025.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 67
Not liking the sound

Well, they sound like crap with my solid state Sansui. Maybe they are ment for a tube amp?? I may have saved them from the dumpster but I'm selling them. Got a guy coming over Monday who has a tube Fisher from the mid 60s. We will see how it sounds. Thanks everyone for their input.

Back
Top Bottom