Let's see your cans!

Here are my headphones, nothing special:

Audio-Technica ATH-A700
SDC10014small.jpg

Sennheiser HD-555
SDC10015small.jpg

(Bad camera is bad. I'll try and see if I can get some better shots tomorrow in natural light, but you get the idea.)

Right now I'm just using the stock Zune earbuds with my Zune 80. I used to have some Yuin PK2s when I had my iPod Video, but the connector broke on the inside where the wire connects to it, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it (or how to get the old connector off without straight cutting the cable, so I can try and put a solder new one or something). :(

Even though the Sennheiser HD-555s have slightly better sound quality, I find myself using the ATH-A700s much more, they seem much more comfortable to me. :eek:

I would have submitted a picture of my very, very nice sennheiser's, except my dog ate them! No Really SHE DID!. She gets pissed when you leave her all alone at home. I should of taken a picture of them before I threw them in the trash! Yes she's still alive. :D

I would have submitted a picture of my very, very nice sennheiser's, except my dog ate them! No Really SHE DID!. She gets pissed when you leave her all alone at home. I should of taken a picture of them before I threw them in the trash! Yes she's still alive. :D

I can relate, my dog ate my Allman Brothers box set.

My dog ate the foil screen off of my Braun electric shaver. Puppies are cute but the chewing stage is a nightmare!

Oh, the sennheiser's were just dessert. She ate 40+ cd's and the cd case, a day or two before. Thank God she's gotten older and just eats my wifes shoes! :banana:

No wood on these Grados. But they got comfy pads courtesy of Sennheiser. :music:

img4652u.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the ones in my avatar are from around '70 or '71 when the picture was taken. My parents had a friend they frequently-visited, and he just happened to be an audiophile. So to keep me busy while they were there, their friend used to slap those on me and turn on the reel-to-reel. I listened to a lot of great classic rock and pop through those things.

Right now I have two pairs I'm using - Nothing special. A great pair that I got from Carvin several years ago (Great for $49.95) and the new Sony earbuds (MDR-EX56LP's), which I highly-recommend for portable listening. Great bass and no mid-bump. The Carvins are a great pair for home listening on a budget. I was really amazed at how good they are for $50.

For pro-use SONY MDR-V7506 and for pleasure SONY MDR-V6 or vintage Pioneer JB-100/SE-100 (see pic).

Attachments

• Pioneer JB-100 SE-100.jpg
    Pioneer JB-100 SE-100.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 314
my setup

simple system..

beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
and
Little dot iii amp.

Attachments

• hf 001.jpg
    hf 001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
heres my 70s pimpin headfi system. restored allied 365 and koss pro4a's. rick james never sounded so good!

Attachments

• 70s headphone system.jpg
    70s headphone system.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 302
simple system..

beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
and
Little dot iii amp.

A vey nice system. I notice that you have a Marantz receiver with headphone input. Can you tell a noticeable difference between the Little Dot amp and the Marantz when driving your phones?

Back
Top Bottom