Let's see your cans!

IMG1584.jpg

ffff
hjfis hi..that actually is a akai..cd deck..which i use at times to make comparisons between using just a cd headphone output compared to a tube amp headphone amp output. the little dot reproduction is definitely better..i have one song i test with. with a bell type ring in it. coming right out of the cd you here a bell ring. coming right out of the little dot you also hear the contact of whatever was hitting the bell as well as the ring. and this cd player was the same one used in both . hope this helps. cher;3138714 said:
A vey nice system. I notice that you have a Marantz receiver with headphone input. Can you tell a noticeable difference between the Little Dot amp and the Marantz when driving your phones?

Threadjack!

uofmtiger; that's a beast of a lens off to the left side of your first photo, d'you shoot Canon?

this is what I've been using for the past 4 years

414K2d73DEL._AA500_.jpg

not high fidelity at all but aside from that shitty volume pot getting dirty and needing cleaning (I'm by passing it tomorrow) they've been pretty good. Though their gonna be retired for some nice (and fairly cheap, but nice) JVC HARX700 and hopefully once I've gotten my degree and a good job I can get me some Audio Technica ATH-A700's
ath_a700.jpg
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Just a few of my favorite cans:
Stax Sr-Lambda, Grado HF-2, Audio Technica ESW10JPN, Grado 225 modded

StaxSr-Lambda.jpg

HF2.jpg

ESW10JPN.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

Last edited:
The "Can Tree".

BeyerDynamic DT880 on top, Grado SR125 down below.

Dave

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 144
  • headphone tree.jpg
    headphone tree.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 136
I think the Beyer's are really a good bang for the buck.
Nicely made, all modular, all parts are replaceable, very comfortable and lighter than I thought they would be. They have a closed back design and have a rugged construction feel to them.
Sound wise they kick ass! Compared to the Senns and Shures and Grados in this price range, I thought these take the honors in sound quality.
But where they really shine is in the bass reproduction:music:.

They retail at around $200 but can be found online for 160 delivered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom