Let's see your cans!

My Grado SR-80 headphones hanging out with my Sony TA-F6B amplifier :)

The hanger I got from an SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers, of which I'm a member) show where one company was showcasing how quick their CNC mandrel bender was--it was just spitting out bits of twisted rod into a box all day long, and a few of these pieces, so I nabbed 'em because they looked like a useful shape (product hangers for stores?).

IMGP0203_lvl_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Cans on yours truly, Sony MDR-V6:

IMG_2366.jpg

Of course,i would be recording my High school baccalaureate ceremony instead of being in the audience :D

My main set are a pair of Stax Lambda Pros:
Amber7_StaxLambdaPro_Small.jpg

Some others:
Stax SRD-40
stax_srd40.jpg

Sennheiser HD-580
Sennheiser HD-280Pro:
work_stereo.jpg

Sennheiser PXC-100
Grado SR-60

Top to bottom: K601, DT880, DT770/80
Not pictured: HD650, AH-D2000

4059481349_9d7c02ca43.jpg

4060226126_ae7dc35dbf.jpg

4060226472_14053da446.jpg

Yes, I like headphones.

I have a pair of SH somewhere but this is what I'm using with my system currently, I've had them over 10 years.
Grado SR125
picture.php

Grado GS1000i, still burning in, just got them 3-4 weeks ago. Running them off of a PS Audio GCHA. The level of clarity and resolution is amazing.

:music::music::music:

IMG_0323-1.jpg

Stax, Headroom

Mostly Stax Pro Headphones, Stax SRM007t and SRM007ta, Omega Twos, 4070s, Sigma Pros, Sigma Non Pros, Lambda Pros, Sennheiser 650s, 600s and 580s, Headroom Balanced Max with Alps Attenuator and DAC, Koss Quadraphones 5Q, Koss Quadraphones Two plus Two, Some stuff not visible in some photos. Scottsmrnyc

Attachments

• DSC01995.jpg
    DSC01995.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC01993.jpg
    DSC01993.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 132
I bought a pair of Grado RS1i's a week and a half ago - haven't stopped smiling since.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Mostly Stax Pro Headphones, Stax SRM007t and SRM007ta, Omega Twos, 4070s, Sigma Pros, Sigma Non Pros, Lambda Pros, Sennheiser 650s, 600s and 580s, Headroom Balanced Max with Alps Attenuator and DAC, Koss Quadraphones 5Q, Koss Quadraphones Two plus Two, Some stuff not visible in some photos. Scottsmrnyc
That is quite a collection! :music:

I do not know if I should do this, way to many cans! :eek:

Attachments

• dscn0936.jpg
    dscn0936.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 157
  • dscn0678.jpg
    dscn0678.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 106
  • RS1.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Grado Head-FI HF-2.jpg
    Grado Head-FI HF-2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0055.jpg
    DSCN0055.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 2005DT990.jpg
    2005DT990.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 90
I thought I would update my pic from my office setup. I have added a Cambridge Dacmagic and a Heed Canamp to my AKG701 headphone setup. I have burned in the amp for about a day and it sounds great. I moved my Senn HD580s and X-can V3 to my bedroom (so the Senns will actually get more use now).

Uofmtiger, i'm not sire if i've said this before, but your setup always impresses. I recall seeing it some time ago, and thinking how nice it was, which drove me to get into headphones myself:yes:. Just very cool overall:thmbsp:

I do not know if I should do this, way to many cans! :eek:

And yet, if i had that collection, I couldn't get rid of a single pair:scratch2:.

(I can't help it, i'm an enabler:D)

Uofmtiger, i'm not sire if i've said this before, but your setup always impresses. I recall seeing it some time ago, and thinking how nice it was, which drove me to get into headphones myself. Just very cool overall
I hope you get the enjoyment from your headphones that I get from mine. I have three dogs and other distractions that make it a nice choice for listening to music when I want to have some isolation. :thmbsp:

Interesting enough, mrarroyo (new to Audiokarma) was over at headfi when I picked out my Heed CanAmp and definitely influenced that decision. Actually, it has been a while but I believe he also played a part in my decision to pair my HD580s with my X-Can V3/Little Pinkie.:music:

Welcome to AK, mrarroyo!

Hi Derek, hope you are still enjoying your MF and the Little Pinkie PSU. I sure continue to enjoy mine. Cheers.

AKG 271s. I miss the 280es, with the four drivers....
I keep coming back to AKG because of the wear comfort and the sound, but I do feel they aren't as well-made as they could be. They break before they wear out, and I am not hard on my gear.

AKGHeadphones.jpg

And the Pio 405s which I use for bass practice. Had a set of 205s in the 70es, got these off EBay about a year ago; they feel right at home :thmbsp:

PioneerHeadphone.jpg

I don't use headphones much, but when I do, this is my rig: Audio Technica ATH-A900, Millett Starving Student amp I built.

ATHA900_MSS.jpg

I got a NuForce uDac to use for (semi) portability, but it also works to convert the USB digital stream from an iPad, so I can use it with an older Beresford DAC that lacks a USB input.

Here is a pic with my Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones using it as a DAC/amp:

large.jpg

Here is a pic where I am using the coax out with my Beresford DAC. This pic is my current bedroom setup, although that will change soon. I want to move this setup back to the living room.

large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom