Little Bear Tube Phono Pre??

sled108

Has anyone Heard one of These? For the price it seems too Good to be Good...It looks Nicely Done tho...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Little Bear Phono2.JPG
    Little Bear Phono2.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 4,355
That phono preamp caught my eyes as well.. I can't find any info on it so I think I'm gonna make the jump.. my only other tubed option right now (locally) is the project tube box for about double the price.

Once ill have it I will report back!

If you are getting this from the same seller I got my Little Beat items from, I wouldnt hesitate to grab it, he is a good seller to deal with. I have a Little Bear tube buffer/preamp and a Little Bear solid state RIAA amp, both are good items and perform over thier price, I also have my eye on this tube RIAA amp also and will be grabbing it soon.

Wouldn't be difficult to find a nice wooden box to mount it in.

Designer tissue box or unfinished wooden box from Hobby Lobby, Michaels etc.

Has anyone Heard one of These? For the price it seems too Good to be Good...It looks Nicely Done tho...

Didn't you build a 6DJ8 based phono? What happened to it?

I'll bet real money the Little Bear is based on the old RCA circuit, with a CF to get the output impedance down to an acceptable value. I don't see anything on that PCB to indicate active regulation or anything else for that matter.

jeff

should prove as a good foundation for some modding dont you think?

ill ask the seller for the schematics.. we can turn the upgrade to a group effort :p

Didn't you build a 6DJ8 based phono? What happened to it?

I'll bet real money the Little Bear is based on the old RCA circuit, with a CF to get the output impedance down to an acceptable value. I don't see anything on that PCB to indicate active regulation or anything else for that matter.

jeff

Yes I did, and I'm still Enjoying it...But, I couldn't build one like the Little Bear for near that Price...With Shipping?...So, I just bought one Too...Before they realize that it is Mis-Priced...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Little Bear Phono.JPG
    Little Bear Phono.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 3,947
Last edited:
should prove as a good foundation for some modding dont you think?

ill ask the seller for the schematics.. we can turn the upgrade to a group effort :p

I wouldn't mind a peek at the schem. As for modding, other than changing out a few caps, It's going to be a real PITA, with everything on a PCB.

jeff

this little chinese tube thingies are proving themselfs time and again.. i owned the Guanzo preamp for a while and i was amazed by its VFM

Yes... yes... I can remember having a ground interface myself on a few Saturday nights back in college... well, I can sort of remember...

I think that's the second time today that I've seen you throw out a joke that didn't get any support... :D

Who knew AKers were so serious!?

e132e841dcf947b83cd1039ddd1d784b.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom