Loving these set ups.

I can't take it anymore. You stop that, stop right now! The envy monster bit me right in the a$$ and won't let go. OUCH. I blame YOU. :biggrin:

Nelson is one hell-of-a designer and a tremendous human being, giving freely to the DIY community.

Your Citation is absolutely beautious!

Congratulations! Great looking rooms, gear, the whole chit-eroo.

Now knock it off cuz yer killin' me over here.

Well this weekend was all about getting the system in the new cabinets. I am no where near done, but I finally have the system playing tunes again. Still have a lot of stuff to put back together. But I can see the end from here!

953E9063-E65D-4ED3-BC10-1D862429BD3D.jpeg

66EDA672-D279-4674-9C05-2E98AF0E7551.jpeg

No small task you took on. Looks to be coming together beautifully. Love that your Ariels are placed out into the room, well away from the wall behind them.

Great work!

So my beloved RSII’s are in their new home and I hope they get the love and attention they need. It was bitter sweet and cathartic at the same time. The King is dead....long live the King. And the Aerials now reign here.

On the flip side, I picked up two vintage cabinets for the Dragon Lair to tuck away stuff and things and look forward to getting them in place once my poor back stops aching. I swear I am getting too old for this shit. Good thing the Aerials are on wheeled plinths! I may have to hire help when my Krell comes home. Speaking of Krell, they sure are taking their sweet time to get my amp sorted. Will have to follow up with them on Monday.

27C33EF3-8107-4035-A877-68DADDEC423E.jpeg

2865A6CA-9B1C-491E-B428-3E9D82DE4DF0.jpeg

The quote came back from Krell yesterday .....my o my. But that’s the price for entry with class A convection amps! It is apparently out of spec and a couple of resisters were on their last legs. Surprisingly, the main big capacitors are all still within spec and it was recommended that they stay. They were ripple tested and tested with current and found to be A-ok! At about 250 a pop, that was music to my ears. I have agreed to the quote and should have my beloved Krell back in a week or two. My 2019 audio plan is coming along nicely.

Also ordered some DB9 and DB25 cables from L-Com to separate my preamps modules. I will tuck away the channel modules in the lower part of the cabinet and free up some self-space to better separate the components, as I worry about airflow with the doors closed. May look into cabinet cooling solutions down the line. A few more cables are needed and I can focus on the final piece of audio for 2019. Linear power supplies! One for the DSPeaker and one for the Brooklyn Dac+.

The remaining items are decorative items for the room and not really audio related. But add to the ambiance and so indirectly to the sound. That is it’s own reward too!

So my new aircraft grade DB 9 and DB 25 cables came in from L-com! These are the cables that connect the power module from the channel modules for the Pass X0.2 pre. I also had some new Zu power cables to install, so I took the whole thing down out of the rack.....again. but I now have the individual components separate and it looks a lot cleaner! And the unsexy stuff is tucked in the lower part of the cabinet. Happy with how it turned out.

IMG_20190401_213843.jpg MVIMG_20190401_213916.jpg IMG_20190401_213910.jpg IMG_20190401_213903.jpg IMG_20190401_213932.jpg

Last edited:
Some changes are in play in the Dragon Den. A new project has begun on the Analog side. And a visiting piece has forced me to reconsider my entire listening experience. All vague I know but I will reveal the details as they are solidly in my possession. First piece of the analog puzzle is this beauty! Along with a Furutech AG-12 Phono cable!

15A28BFD-3B52-4D08-8CC0-96B0E3606F71.jpeg

The Krell has been dethroned here in the Dragon Den. The KSA 250!is still an amazing and awesome amp and if I could, I would keep her as well. But I am no longer in a mental place where I want to hoard gear. So she is on the block. And this is here to stay! I was challenged that if I tried it, I would keep it and damn....it was true. The Goldmund Mimesis 3.

image.jpg

So roomy now huh! It’s like a postage stamp compared to the Krell!

View attachment 1529603

Nice read. Thanks for the link. While I do not anticipate having the funds to ever transform my system(s) the way that you have, reading through the metamorphosis has shown that my own process is normal (for people like us). My main system is using a Yamaha CR-820 and Boston HD9s, but my recently acquired HK 430 and Polk Model 5s has led me to wiring in some Niles switches in order to compare and contrast to determine what ends up where.

Great job on your setup. It was a pleasure and an inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom