Need a new project? Able to show up in Bristol, CT on 11/7?

vinyl1

Then this online auction is for you! They've got a lot of very nice equipment that doesn't work, with bids starting at one dollar:

https://www.auctionninja.com/cleari...bristol-multi-consignor-estate-sale-2474.html

Not mine, don't need junk. Feel free to haul it all away, you can spend the winter figuring out how to fix it. They even have a few items that seem to be good, plus some nice XLR interconnects. The audio is scattered through the auction, but a lot of it is on pages 11 and 12.

A Yorx with Dolby? That alone is worth a bid. Probably the most impressive looking offering from that vaulted HiFi company.

A Yorx with Dolby? That alone is worth a bid. Probably the most impressive looking offering from that vaulted HiFi company.

Never seen one like this

51267075_DSC0421.JPG

A York with speaker fuses :yikes:

48290835_DSC04272.JPG

4573990_DSC0426.JPG

Last edited:
There's a video on utube of that Yorx and an R2R. Amazingly, it actually sounds good.

My pick would be the Krell CD player with the drawer that doesn't open. Often, they get frozen from lack of use and just need lubrication.

Prices will be low on this stuff, because of the need to pick up in person on a specific day.

It has both 8 track and cassette SYSTEMS. Plus OUT PUT.

Also, I think that's the first time I've ever seen a set of speaker output clips with alternating red and black (RBRB) rather than RBBR.

Working Sony PS-X55 turntable just sold for $320 - seems rather high to me.
New in box Sony VCR C50 sells for $117.
ION USB turntable, new, sells for $24.
Modular Components System 6603 turntable - works - $24.
Record Doctor III - new in box - $113.

People are bidding things up live, getting tedious. I'm surprised they're willing to fight over some of this stuff.

NAD 5120 turntable - works - $101
Teac A-2300S reel-to-reel - untested - $310
QSC Pro Amplifier ISA 500T - $205
Onkyo Digital receiver HT-R320 - $32
Accutrac 6 record player - broken - $37
The Yorx receiver - $13!!!
Pioneer PL-2 turntable - $16
Knight oscilloscope - $44
Yorx speakers - $11
2 pair Siltech XLR connectors - $93 - a good buy, actually
Nordost Black Knight XLR - $62
Two more pair Siltech XLR - $80
Yorx Turntable - $12
Pair Siltech SQ-28 XLR - $175
Kenwood integrated amp - volume knob missing, doesn't turn on - $155 !!!!
Krell CD play - drawer doesn't open - $330
Panasonic 4 channel audio scope - $100
Sony CDP-101 - the very first CD player! - not working - $37
Cambridge Azur 840C CD player, not working, $205!!!

And the last item in the auction - two guys have been fighting over the last lot of 2 pairs of Siltech XLR connectors for half an hour - it's up to $125. A lot of the prices were really crazy for what the stuff is - I bought a working Cambridge Azur 840C ten years ago for $350. The Krell may be worth it, because it's a $1000 piece if the buyer can fix the problems with the drawer. On the other hand, the Kenwood is probably more trouble than it's worth at that price.

Back
Top Bottom