New space, old system

K_50

I just moved into a new place, and spent today moving things around and getting my system hooked up. So I thought I'd share a couple of pics.
The space is far from being done - there's still furniture to be gotten, stuff to be moved around, art to be hung on the walls. But so far I'm very pleased with how it's turning out, and I'm liking the sounds I'm getting from this version of my system.

The gear:
Sony PS-X4
Sony CDP-297
Denon PMA-750
IMF Compact Monitor II

Not in use
Akai AA-1040
IMF ALS-40 II

Thanks for the compliments.
Getting that cabinet has really made a difference in how much I enjoy the view from my listening position. It doesn't look quite as improvised now. Plus, having at least one piece of real designer furniture makes me feel like a proper grown-up :beatnik:

_This looks great and I bet sounds tight. Nice.

Thanks! Tight is actually one of the first words that come to mind, when I try to describe the sound of this system. Everything stands out nicely, and the stereo imaging is very good. Also the CM2's are surprisingly good in the bass department for how small they are - it's not a "fun", big and boomy sound, but more of a clean/tight bass that goes lower than one would think.
I moved some stuff around today to make space for my listening chair. The sofa looks a bit massive under the window, but even though it's nice enough to sleep on (it folds down), my back doesn't like sitting in it for too long - it's too deep, and soft. Now I need to move the whole system about a foot further from the window to accommodate my new listening position, and make better access to my smoking spot in the window. But that's a project for another day. For now I'll enjoy some tunes, and my back will enjoy being back in the man-chair (as it was dubbed, when I was sharing a place with my sister and niece).

Back
Top Bottom