Not exotic, not pretty, not too pricey but makes me happy!

jdmccall

I apologize to anyone who has seen this pic in other forums where I have posted it, but I guess it surely fits here.
IMG_0100.JPG
JBL Studio 590 speakers
Velodyne DLS4000R subs
Denon PMA1600NE int. amp.
Denon DCD1600NE SACD player
Denon DNP-800NE network audio player
Music Hall mmf-1.3 turntable w/ Audio-Technica AT3600 cartridge

and hidden behind doors or in drawers:

TEAC CD-RW890 CD recorder
Akai HX-A3X cassette recorder

and headphones:

Sennheiser HD380 Pro's
Sennheiser HD580's
Bose AE-2's

Nice system, do those speakers sound as good as they look ?
Wow, most people recoil in horror at their looks!:D You must be weird like me!:hug::)

I like their sound real well, so far (I've had them for two years, but only just recently "promoted" them to my 2-channel rig.). They're very easy on the ears; not harsh or analytical at all. Imaging and depth of stage is very good for their size. Their tone is nicely rounded. I couldn't be more pleased at their price level.

On the down-side, well, they are built to a price point and it shows in the vinyl wrap, footers and grille. On the other hand, the drivers and crossover are very good quality and the cabinet seems relatively quiet in light of price and size.

Thanks!!

How do you like the JBL590s? I've heard a LOT of good things about them.
I like them real well so far. I say so far because I only recently put them in my 2-channel system. I bought them two years ago but I'd only used them in an a/v rig that I pretty much never use for music. Now they are replacing a pair of cornwall IV's and so far I gotta say even though they may not be better than the klipsch in any measurable way, I sure am listening to and enjoying more music than I was before. I'm thinking maybe the klipsch were too good for my s.s. electronics and digital sources. If that can be called good.:idea:

Nice system! Do you ever think about getting a Salamander or Pangea rack? Or even a dedicated outlet? Something tells me there is even more wonderful performance untapped in the Denon gear.

Nice system! Do you ever think about getting a Salamander or Pangea rack? Or even a dedicated outlet? Something tells me there is even more wonderful performance untapped in the Denon gear.
Thanks!
I have looked at the Pangea and Monoprice Monolith racks. But I'm still partial to these old CWD cabinets. Plus, I don't know what else I'd do with them!

I couldn't pass up the JBL Memorial Day sale: 10" 300W 50 pound sealed subs for $200. I sold both Velos today. I don't know yet that it's an upgrade but I'll figure it out eventually. The Studio 590's don't really need subs, but that's not to say they can't be improved by adding them.:naughty:IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0134.JPG

Back
Top Bottom