Nurasound headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by Justgotohm, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Justgotohm

Justgotohm AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hello, I’m recently new to headphones, starting out with Grado 125’s and Sennheiser 471’s. I use the 471’s with a small JDS Labs amp and the 125’s with a Music Hall PH 25.2 at home. Curiosity is the only reason I gathered this humble assortment, I did not want to go crazy into the unknown. Like I mentioned I’m a noob and was looking for any experience with these Nurasound headphones?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/nura-nuraphones-headphones/amp

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. WobblySam

WobblySam Well-Known Member

Well, the Nurasound certainly seem like a great gimmick, if that's what your looking for. I generally prefer to listen to headphones with the types of music I enjoy and with the proper match of amplification. It's a little old-fashioned, but I am not a big fan of machine matching for acoustics based on someone else's algorithm. Your experience may be different. Anyway, I hope you finds some phones that you like.

3. Justgotohm

Thanks, I am happy with what I have so far, I was more or less interested in opinions. The process seems similar to AV receivers using calibration microphones.

4. Ohighway

Ohighway Wannabe Minimalist Subscriber

Funny I just became aware of these. Like you I'd like to hear opinions on these...... in my case specifically from people who have actually used them.

5. Justgotohm

Yeah I guess they are not popular with AK’ers