ohm model B

audiolama

Just picked these up for absolutely nothing but cant find a picture or anything on the web not even on the Ohm website. On the rear they say model B, but on Ohms site the Model B only has one tweeter. It also looks like there are different drivers , especially the 12". Does anyone have these and will they be worth bringing them up to OEM standards.

ThanksIMG_20170508_140139.jpg IMG_20170508_140159.jpg IMG_20170508_140331.jpg

They are actually B+. The center picture is what Ohm originally made in the early 70's They added a mid-tweeter to increase the reliability of the tweets. The original tweeter is a Philips dome. They went to a Matsushita dome as a replacement. The phenolic tweeter is the same underneath the plastic ohm logo screen. The woofer in the third picture is the replacement from Ohm. The third one has the Matsushita tweeter/ (Basically, the third one is what you would have if you put all the ohm replacement parts in. http://ohmspeaker.com/legacy-products/b-plus/

edir: Only found one thread here, but pictures lost. I would probably just refoam the woofer if the rest of the speaker is ok. Cabinets are actually pretty nice.

Perfect then right I mean all I would have to do is just refoam the drivers and I would have some identical sounding speakers correct? Posted the cover.IMG_20170508_145204.jpg

Also why would the gentlemen add all this glue ..this can't be factory correct? Can I take this glue off or just leave itIMG_20170508_145209.jpg IMG_20170508_145209.jpg IMG_20170508_145213.jpg

Well connected the newer one and the high and mids are not working..took a picture of the crossoverr 14942794607612077087328.jpg

Hopefully it's something simple like a bad cap.

if you remove the silicone, you will still need something to seal the cabinet. if the tweets and mids are working i would just leave it. the ringed tweets were used my several speaker manufacturers. and if bad there are reproductions still being sold today since they were widely used. they come in 4 and 8 ohm models.

did you try working the speaker control on the back a few times? could be some carbon build up.

Thanks for the help ..worked the back controller and hit it with deoxit..I took pictures of both cross overs the one not working has a gray cap..I'm going to call ohm tomorrow.
Also the first reply I got was spot on..Ohm confirmed .. drivers are all theirs, they were confused on the speaker badging..the are badged as Ohm B and not Ohm B+..Tech said he would get back with me..All I know they sound superb with rotted surrounds.lolIMG_20170508_212055.jpg IMG_20170508_212008.jpg IMG_20170508_161558.jpg IMG_20170508_161535.jpg

found out why the tweeters didn't work with the help of OHM customer service(Evan). It was one of the caps, it tested open.. replaced and Im back in business..Im going to refoam the woofers and ill post again ..Cant wait to hear this refoamed. I was also told by OHM that these were probably the very first OHM B+'s since the badging still says B and not B+. OHM has awesome customer service!!I I think I might just have gotten the OHM Bug..I guess Ill start looking for OHMS now.

I was going to suggest replacing those old caps. Even if they are working, they are probably out of spec one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom