Pics of your listening space

Yes indeed! Really been loving it. Great phono pre - ModWright makes great gear.

Totally agree. I had Dan build me a PH-150 a couple years back and could not be more pleased. I little more versatile than the newer PH-9 (and standard balanced outputs) but I doubt it has much improvement in audio quality if any. I do recommend the best 6922/7308 tubes you can find. I use some “real” CV-2493 Mullards that sound perfectly suited in this phonostage.

Totally agree. I had Dan build me a PH-150 a couple years back and could not be more pleased. I little more versatile than the newer PH-9 (and standard balanced outputs) but I doubt it has much improvement in audio quality if any. I do recommend the best 6922/7308 tubes you can find. I use some “real” CV-2493 Mullards that sound perfectly suited in this phonostage.

Yeah I didn’t even bother with the JJ 6922’s they included - I’m using some very nice NOS JAN Sylvania 6922s at the moment but I might roll in some Amperex ones at some point. I do also have Mullard 2493s which I agree are excellent and may also try those at some point, but it sounded so good with the Sylvanias that I just left it there.

Yeah I didn’t even bother with the JJ 6922’s they included - I’m using some very nice NOS JAN Sylvania 6922s at the moment but I might roll in some Amperex ones at some point. I do also have Mullard 2493s which I agree are excellent and may also try those at some point, but it sounded so good with the Sylvanias that I just left it there.

I prefer a pair of Amperex 7308 PQs in my Elyse but like the CV-2493s a bit better for the PH-150.

a Little bit of progress. I positioned and wired 6 of the recessed LED lights. My Thorens is down for the moment for a tonearm rewire, so for now I am "suffering" with my RP6. They will both be part of the permanent setup. The Rega will be going on a wall mount, which I think will go to the right, near the component stand. I think the Teac will stay on top of the stand, My Revox B77 is just out of the frame to the left. The stand mount Cabridge Audio speakers will be finding a new home elsewhere in the house.

Excuse the Legos
47485386901_7318cc12a5_b.jpg

Little bit of progress. I positioned and wired 6 of the recessed LED lights. My Thorens is down for the moment for a tonearm rewire, so for now I am "suffering" with my RP6.

Looking very nice!

Your Audiomods arm needs a rewire? I guess you didn't get it with the continuous run silver wiring?

a Little bit of progress. I positioned and wired 6 of the recessed LED lights. My Thorens is down for the moment for a tonearm rewire, so for now I am "suffering" with my RP6. They will both be part of the permanent setup. The Rega will be going on a wall mount, which I think will go to the right, near the component stand. I think the Teac will stay on top of the stand, My Revox B77 is just out of the frame to the left. The stand mount Cabridge Audio speakers will be finding a new home elsewhere in the house.

Excuse the Legos
47485386901_7318cc12a5_b.jpg
Looks like a great man-cave. Is this a fireplace to the right of the component stand?

Back
Top Bottom