Pics of your listening space

@euromut
Hey euro, I just joined the thread. What make and model are the floor-standing speakers?
And really nice space and system, btw ...
Cheers.

Dave

Thank you.

They are the previous generation, Monotor Audio, Silver 8. They are fantastic.

Looking very nice!

Your Audiomods arm needs a rewire? I guess you didn't get it with the continuous run silver wiring?

The Audiomods arm was prewired. I think the problem may be with the ground. Or some of the varnish rubbed off the wires. In any even the right Chanel is very quiet. I’m hoping to just repair the ground. But I’m prepared for the worst.

Looks like a great man-cave. Is this a fireplace to the right of the component stand?

Yes, It is a wood burning fireplace. I will be converting it to vent-less open gas logs eventually. Our upstairs fireplace already has a glass and log insert.

32571969207_4df046c2e3_b.jpg

Yes, It is a wood burning fireplace. I will be converting it to vent-less open gas logs eventually. Our upstairs fireplace already has a glass and log insert.

32571969207_4df046c2e3_b.jpg
Beautiful.

Now there is three of us: You, me and Sound Dragon. The only peeps with houses featuring fireplaces in their basements I know of. It almost makes me wanna create a poll to find out how common this phenomenon is.

Beautiful.

Now there is three of us: You, me and Sound Dragon. The only peeps with houses featuring fireplaces in their basements I know of. It almost makes me wanna create a poll to find out how common this phenomenon is.

Me, too! My basement isn’t completely subterranean, though. The ground is about a foot below the bottom of the window. Currently a wood burner, though I’d love a gas insert so I can use it when we have burn bans in the winter. Cold and damp here in the winter.

6F71AF78-93C3-4F51-AA7E-37C3157B780C.jpeg

a Little bit of progress. I positioned and wired 6 of the recessed LED lights. My Thorens is down for the moment for a tonearm rewire, so for now I am "suffering" with my RP6. They will both be part of the permanent setup. The Rega will be going on a wall mount, which I think will go to the right, near the component stand. I think the Teac will stay on top of the stand, My Revox B77 is just out of the frame to the left. The stand mount Cabridge Audio speakers will be finding a new home elsewhere in the house.

Excuse the Legos
47485386901_7318cc12a5_b.jpg
Very Nice setup!

Have you heard about the Petty photography that is going on sale? Looks like something you might be interested in.
Nice gear by the way, oh and Timmy doesn't bother me at all!

Yeah...I heard something about photos being offered for sale on the TP network on Sirius. I'd like to snag a couple of pics from the Tampa and Red Rocks shows I saw in 2017! Still can't believe he's gone ...it hit me hard for a while...both of us being Florida boys of the same age!

Yeah...I heard something about photos being offered for sale on the TP network on Sirius. I'd like to snag a couple of pics from the Tampa and Red Rocks shows I saw in 2017!
that's where I heard about them, I think they are releasing them in batches.

I have a fireplace in my basement, not that you'd ever want to hang out down there since it takes on water like a rickety canoe and it rains here every single damn day. I've given up on it as a useful part of the house, it's just where we keep the washer and dryer and all the kids old toys and crap my wife collected/hoarded.

Me, too! My basement isn’t completely subterranean, though. The ground is about a foot below the bottom of the window. Currently a wood burner, though I’d love a gas insert so I can use it when we have burn bans in the winter. Cold and damp here in the winter.

View attachment 1467139
Getting envious.

I decided to move the office there. Unfortunately, I cant get to it, before the summer.

I have a fireplace in my basement, not that you'd ever want to hang out down there since it takes on water like a rickety canoe and it rains here every single damn day. I've given up on it as a useful part of the house, it's just where we keep the washer and dryer and all the kids old toys and crap my wife collected/hoarded.
You sound just like my wife...:)

I have a pile of audio equipment and half of it (the basement) is full of boxes full of toys.
My basement used to be like yours, but now after I put gutters, graded the ground so water runs away from the foundation, painted the basement walls with waterproof paint, everything is dry.
I work with someone who used to rent it from the previous owner and he told me that "it was so wet, you could watch the mold grow".

Somebody told me you could run a rubber gasket around the edges of the house and I had somebody come out and do that to the tune of around $500 and it didn't make a bit of difference. Resealed the windows, that didn't help either. No visible cracks in the walls. There was a time when I was going to build a nice home theater room in there but I'm probably going to abandon that plan, what I'd really like to do is sell the whole damn house and start over but my kids have taken their toll on this place over the last 5 years. There's not a surface in the whole place that doesn't need paint and spackle and the living room carpet and kitchen floors are both basically ruined. LOL. The joys of family. My wife said this place had "character" and "good bones" so I acquiesced even though I wanted a much more modern place that had just been renovated. Now she's gone and I'm stuck with an old house that's falling apart.

Back
Top Bottom