Pioneer SX-1980 in Austin BIG $$$$

Well--basically the price is what the market will bear, and right now the old "monster" receivers are commanding big $$$$--Pioneer, Sansui and Marantz, especially. Good chance they might get it, but probably not on a local sale.

Yeah, I'm in the process of fixing a Noah Schumacher Sansui 9090 where he somehow managed to take the rear AC fuse out of the circuit completely, and had it set at 100v, so it cooked some of the power supply transistors. I'd much rather work on something original than a messed-with unit.

When I was contracting:

My rate X 2 if someone else fixed and it and now you are calling me

My rate X3 if you fixed it and now are calling me

When I was broke... not that I am wealthy now..... I prayed when I had to pay to have anyone fix anything and searched long and hard for a "cheap" alternative. Truly did not have enough in the account to pay who I knew could fix it right. So learned some very valuable lessons early in my life. Time and experience have taught me to not own anything I can not fix myself or I can not afford to have an expert repair and do it right the first time.

Cheap work aint good and good work aint cheap.

Fly by night techs ruin it for those of us who appreciate those of you who are truly "craftsman". I am blessed to have a local gent who has been very good to me. Thanks to AK! Find a good tech is like a good mechanic. Once you find a good one, do as they "recommend" and do not hesitate to ink the check when they are done.

Back
Top Bottom