Poultrygeist's systems continue to evolve

No tubes are currently used with the Frugal Horns so little warm up time is required and I can start listening almost immediately. OTOH the Lowther OB's are powered by a single ended EL84 amp and that system requires a good half hour to sound it's best. On mornings when I go to work you can guess which system gets played more often.

P1010021 2.jpg

The bottom shelves of this PC hutch house these components: Rotel 855 CDP, Sony SACD changer, Integra DVD/CD player, Niles switch box, Schiit Modi Multi-bit, Chrome Cast Audio and optical switcher. Some of these components feed both the Lowther OB system and Frugal Horns. It's complex enough that I have to give some thought as to which source to use with which system and how to make that happen. For example one CD player may have it's analog output going to one system while it's digital signal may go to another system's DAC.

P1010028.jpg

I never seem to get tired of change. Currently using a Nobsound tube preamp with the Volt+D. This preamp replaced the passive which went to another system. It sports three 12ax7 Telefunkens which are probably worth more than the preamp. Great silky smooth sound with the Tele's. Replaced the Chinese rectifier tube with NOS Russian.

P1010017.jpg

Swapped the bucket subs for 16" Sansui OB woofers. More accurate than the buckets but won't play as low. Using two sources through a switch box with this system: Topping D30 DAC with CCA and Integra DPS-7.2 DVD player. The latter was gifted me by a family HT dealer who claims it's one of the best CDP around. Sounds excellent and doesn't need the Topping DAC.

Back
Top Bottom