Push Pull Stereo 807 Amp

Output transformers first, Check. I haven’t seen a 400ma ever but the Triad R-24A has 300. I have been contemplating a 807 mono block as well. This is a long process I go through and in no Rush, I still have a Blaceface Princeton Reverb to finish here. I do like keeping myself going and learning, I still don’t have a dedicated schematic but that will happen once I get the OT’s. When looking at the 807 data sheet at Duncan I see 8,9,10k primary for the higher wattage amps. upload_2019-2-15_17-51-17.jpeg

I would look into Heyboer transformers as well. I've used both Edcor and Heyboer, and have had better success with Heyboer. I've got a 1625 quad amp with Heyboer, and the HF is outstanding from them.
I didn’t realize Heyboer made fidelity OT’s or is it that their transformers are good enough. I have used them in some guitar amps. Which model did you use

I've actuality have two sets out audio output transformers made by Heyboer, and both of them are excellent performers. In fact, the other output transformers I had made were rated for 120 watts at 6.6K. I use them with a pair of 6883B/8552 output tubes (around 90 watts from a pair), and the amp sounds outstanding. Heyboer will make whatever you ask them to regarding wattage, output taps, impedance, etc.

The 6883B/8552 tube is a real sleeper of a tube. It makes for an excellent output tube, great sonic character, available as NOS for a very good price. To me, it sounds somewhat better than the current production 6550 tubes, and as long as its configured as a pentode, paying attention to screen grid voltages, it's a long lasting tube as well.

I've now got my Heyboer Peerless S-265-Q clones up and running. Pretty much a stock triode Williamson circuit with 807s. Absolutely lovely, and apparently quite stable. I left off the screen taps so they were $425 for the pair with shipping. Screen taps add about $40.

Congrats! Happy to hear you have a successful outcome with your project. Heyboer provides very good value.

Thanks, I'm really very pleased with them. They sound "right"--clear and even-handed. My last temptation is Sowter's "Williamson" tranny, but I imagine they're pretty expensive. They don't give a price. Maybe I'll inquire sometime. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom