Realistic Mach One Speaker Pair - $150 ( West Carrollton) Dayton, Ohio craigslist

Not really a bad deal, considering how much of a PITA refoaming them can be...open for offers. These things sound great with tubes...

I've never paid more than $20 for any of them I've ever come across. But then again, I haven't kept any of them either. They were typically easy to sell off.

I had a pair myself back in 76. They may be a maketing legend, and they did sound good. Really good cranked, but in terms of overall sound RS had other Less poular speakers that I believe had a smoother sound all round. One things for shure, that 15" woofer kicks some serious A#%. I prefer the monitor type sound myself but I'd consider them a reasonable deal. You could sell them for the same price if you don't like them. Perhaps if you play with the Midrange and tweeter Attenuators they can be pretty smooth too.

There's a pair of Pioneer HPM 100's on CL in Dayton Ohio for $175. I had both of these speakers in my house in the late 70's and would say the HPM100's were noticably better sounding to my ears. There not in as good shape though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom