Rebuild Infinity SSW-210 Subwoofer

Archetim

Hey Guys,

I'm Michael comming from Germany, this is my first Post Here in Audiokarma so please if this is the wrong part of the forum please move this thread.

Well where to start... I want to talk about a very rare piece of Infinity Stuff here in Germany. Since I'm interested in Infinity Speakers I never ever seen these kind a subwoofer in the German or even EU market. I really like the optical impact these subs has compare to the most cubic ones. I found these really nice speakers while looking for a Sub to play with my Infinity Kappa 5 in my second Bedroom System(main System Infinity RS 1b). After Searching the web I found out that this Subwoofer sometimes are sold on US eBay but I know shipping and tax doubles the price of the sub itself and the risk of getting a not running sub is far to big.

So my thoughts are to rebuild this Subwoofer on my own and drive it with an separate stereo amplifier and digital crossover instead. I have 4 10" Subwoofer out of the Infinity Kappa Super CS 1 Car hifi system to work with. What I need are the dimensions of the SSW-210 box. Looking for hours don't get me even a single hint. So I hope some of u guys may can give the specs of the box.

Guys thank U very very much for ur help.

Best regards and keep healthy.

Michael

Welcome to AK. :)

I found some general info on this thread. According to one post, spec's are: "Dimensions on the 210 are 13"H x 26"W x 10"D".

Here's another thread, was additional discussion. And one from AK...!

I hope these help! Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hey there,

Thanks for these info. It's a good point to start with.
In additional I need the exact length of each side.

IMG_20210128_184652.jpg

Something like this

Best regards Michael

I'm unfamiliar with the Kappa Super CS 1 you mentioned. Is there a reason you think it's the same woofer that was used in the SSW-210?

Well first is the seize both are 10" at 4 ohms, both are designed to play in an enclosure subwoofer box. The Super CS1 woofer have stronger magnet and I know that they are some differents between both.

Here in Germany u don't geht this original subwoofer, ok maybe If you take them out of SSW-10 subs. And even there I don't know if they are the same. My only possibility for me ist to take the CS1 subs or subs out of a Kappa 7.x.

Best regards!

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 7
  • KappaSuper.JPG
    KappaSuper.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 7
Your pictures are really too small to see anything, but I don't think they are the same driver, probably not even similar. I'm reasonably sure the woofers in the SSW-210 are the same as those used in the Kappa 7.1, and that's an 8Ω speaker.

That would be great if the Kappa 7.1 woofer would match here. The are easy to get here and for low cost. To the CS1 Woofer I will make better pictures tomorrow ist now 21:40 PM here nearly bedtime ;)

Best regards Michael

One thing to be aware of is that the SSW-210 is a (sort of) servo subwoofer, which you won't be able to replicate. I have one working and one dead SSW-210 (unfortunately 1000 miles away from me at the moment so can't give you much help) but one of these days I'm going to have to hook the dead one up to an external amp and see how much difference there is between that and the servo-controlled one.

Good morning,
That would be a great help for me. I know hat a rebuild of the ssw-210 never will be as the same as the original one. The most important point is his look Iike to have in my next new Musik room. To get it work properly I have enough technic (aktiv crossover, DSP, Amplifier and so on)

Sadly said the time of my RS 1b will be over in the next month. We are looking for a new apartment to buy, but my wife banns me out of the living room with my Hifi stuff
So I have to work with a far smaller room in the next time. That's why I look for a Sub to integrate it in my Kappa 5 System.

Best regards Michael

Back
Top Bottom