Report Problems with Ads Here!

Advally

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!

My name is Doug Bishop, and I'm the owner of Advally. We're the company who is assisting AudioKarma dial in a new ad setup. I've heard from the admins that there has been a few issues cropping up, and I want to get rid of any problems for you as fast as we can.

If you see something, could you report it here with the following info:

-Operating System You're using
-Device type
-Browser
-Screen Capture (if able)

That will do a great deal to help figure out what is going on.

Really appreciate the opportunity to assist you guys!

Yes, this IS on the Up and up ... Please help! (Issue circa 2018)
And thanks, Doug!

I do not do the site on my iPhone often, but have seen it Sat Mar 17th, and once or twice since.

I was using my iPhone 6S+, with Safari, and suddenly got a new browser screen with an offer for a $1000 Amazon Gift card - I could not see any "Close" buttons on that screen
but I did a full close on Safari to get out of it.
IOS 11.2.6
I have not seen the problem on my Win machine at work
or on my older MacPro at home under Safari - OSX 10.12.6

Last edited:
Yes, this IS on the Up and up ... Please help!
And thanks, Doug!

I do not do the site on my iPhone often, but have seen it Sat Mar 17th, and once or twice since.

I was using my iPhone 6S+, with Safari, and suddenly got a new browser screen with an offer for a $1000 Amazon Gift card - I could not see any "Close" buttons on that screen
but I did a full close on Safari to get out of it.
IOS 11.2.6
I have not seen the problem on my Win machine at work
or on my older MacPro at home under Safari - OSX 10.12.6

I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

Do you happen to remember the last time it happened? We completely re-did the advertising setup on March 19th and have been aggressively stamping out problems with it. There was an enormous internet-wide attack of these Amazon re-directs which happened within the last three weeks. We were pretty sure we now have it all taken care of, but hearing from users like you helps to make sure of that.

You can think of these kinds of attacks as the new version of Forum Spam. The spammers can't make any more money off of spam, so they've basically moved on to messing with the advertising.

The Amazon re-directs are harmless, though extremely annoying. Has anyone else seen this specific one, or can at least let me know the last time you've seen it?

going off previous threads it seems to be an issue with ipads and other apple mobile devices .

Which threads specifically?

The amazon re-directs mostly focus on mobile safari (which is iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) which is common across the internet. We've dialled up the blocking on this browser/OS/Device combo set, and hopefully that has solved the issue.

Can you give me more specific information as to what you've seen being reported, please?

Which threads specifically?

The amazon re-directs mostly focus on mobile safari (which is iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) which is common across the internet. We've dialled up the blocking on this browser/OS/Device combo set, and hopefully that has solved the issue.

Can you give me more specific information as to what you've seen being reported, please?
doing various searches brings me back here .. hope you get this sorted . it took me days and days to rid it off my linux machine. it was uploading data at a fast rate . i am on limited data so noticed it pretty quickly . blocked a few ip.s in the firewall and sorted it .

Hey everyone!

My name is Doug Bishop, and I'm the owner of Advally. We're the company who is assisting AudioKarma dial in a new ad setup. I've heard from the admins that there has been a few issues cropping up, and I want to get rid of any problems for you as fast as we can.

If you see something, could you report it here with the following info:

-Operating System You're using
-Device type
-Browser
-Screen Capture (if able)

That will do a great deal to help figure out what is going on.

Really appreciate the opportunity to assist you guys!

PM sent. Just had a chaturbate incident on my iPad. Details and screenshots in PM. On my iPhone, I have restrictions set to forbid chaturbate.com and haven't had issues on the iPhone since then. But didn't have Restrictions configured on my iPad.

@Advally : Here's some additional info:

I just enabled Restrictions on my iPad, and under Websites, I selected the Limit Adult Content option and configured to never allow the websites www.chaturbator.com and www.chaturbate.com.

After I do this, I get blocked from AK when I hit certain links. For example, if I hit New Posts, it blocks the website. But I can hit Forums and navigate manually to certain forums. However, even directly navigating to certain other forums also results in the site/page being blocked. Something about certain lnks is triggering either the Limit Adult Content general setting or there's an attempt to redirect to one of the two sites I put in my never allow list.

Here's a screenshot of what I see when I hit certain links like New Posts:

IMG_0836.PNG

doing various searches brings me back here .. hope you get this sorted . it took me days and days to rid it off my linux machine. it was uploading data at a fast rate . i am on limited data so noticed it pretty quickly . blocked a few ip.s in the firewall and sorted it .

When was the last time you saw it? The Amazon re-directs we know came from the ads 100% and those should be under control now.

@Advally : Here's some additional info:

I just enabled Restrictions on my iPad, and under Websites, I selected the Limit Adult Content option and configured to never allow the websites www.chaturbator.com and www.chaturbate.com.

After I do this, I get blocked from AK when I hit certain links. For example, if I hit New Posts, it blocks the website. But I can hit Forums and navigate manually to certain forums. However, even directly navigating to certain other forums also results in the site/page being blocked. Something about certain lnks is triggering either the Limit Adult Content general setting or there's an attempt to redirect to one of the two sites I put in my never allow list.

Here's a screenshot of what I see when I hit certain links like New Posts:

View attachment 1149160

This one is trickier, the behaviour doesn't make a lot of sense to me... but this gives us a lot to work with to figure it out. Thanks a heap!

We'll do some digging.

When was the last time you saw it? The Amazon re-directs we know came from the ads 100% and those should be under control now.

This one is trickier, the behaviour doesn't make a lot of sense to me... but this gives us a lot to work with to figure it out. Thanks a heap!

We'll do some digging.

I just played around a bit more. If I remove the "never allow websites www.chaturbator.com and www.chaturbate.com", the Limit Adult Content still blocks the AK website when I select certain links like New Posts. I'm not sure why or what triggers Apples Adult Content filter to think AK is a site that should be restricted, but it seems to happen even unrelated to the chaturbate site restrictions.

But the majority of the issues I've had on this site, whether on laptop (Win 10, Chrome browser) or iPhone/iPad have been redirects to chaturbate. Occasionally I will get the pop up about the Amazon gift card too, but not as often.

Just now when I opened cancer survivor thread..... Amazon 1000 dollars....galixie s7. Chrome.

Please folks, we need you to update problems in this thread.

Thank you
Grumpy

Happened to me just now. I've been a member since May 2009 and this is the very first time I see this:

Untitled 3.58.58 AM.jpg

Running:
Macbook Pro
MAC: (OS X Yosemite) 10.10.5
Safari: Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8)

Up-to-date with all updates.

So far, only happens on AK.

Annoying!

ps: I have also posted this on Back Alley Pub, but may belong here as well. Apologies if not.

Annoying!

Got that exact page a few days ago. Yesterday was trouble free. Will see how today goes. I read AK is still working on it. Hope they can cure it.

Running:
iMac
OS X High Sierra
Safari 11.1

Only happens on this site.

Twice in two weeks,
while looking at the 'off topics ' section,
Page was overtaken to 'apple' promos, none of which had apple web addresses.
Eg:
You've been selected to win a phone.
As a valued apple customer..... blah blah blah.

I use an Oppo A77,
inbuilt browser,
avast running always.

Cheers, Timo.

Back
Top Bottom