Sansui 9090 Service bulletins

gklainer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
In looking at the service manual, my F2436-1 Driver board is a little different than what is shown. Mine has the fuses on it with the resistors on the back. Is there a specific bulletin that outlines the changes? I couldn't seem to find anything doing a few different searches.

Thanks,

Gary

There were changes made to both the driver board and the power supply board. They are covered in this bulletin.

- Pete
Thanks Pete.

You have been very helpful with all of my 9090 questions. I thought you had posted the link before but I just couldn't seem to find it.

Hopefully, it will get here pretty quick.

Gary

Sansui

Thanks Pete.

You have been very helpful with all of my 9090 questions. I thought you had posted the link before but I just couldn't seem to find it.

Hopefully, it will get here pretty quick.

Gary

Pete's one of the best! Always willing to help around here, posts about the "G" series too.
Casey

In looking at the service manual, my F2436-1 Driver board is a little different than what is shown. Mine has the fuses on it with the resistors on the back. Is there a specific bulletin that outlines the changes? I couldn't seem to find anything doing a few different searches.

Thanks,

Gary
Does anyone have the Service Bulletin they can send to me? I am going through my 9090 now, and want to do all the upgrades, etc. I appreciate all the help. This is a great site.

Does anyone have the Service Bulletin they can send to me? I am going through my 9090 now, and want to do all the upgrades, etc. I appreciate all the help. This is a great site.
I no longer have the 9090 but I still may have the service bulletin. Let me check and get back to you tomorrow.

The bulletin is in Digital Docks. I've updated the link in post #2 above.

- Pete

Last edited:
Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

Pete

Can one tell if their 9090 needs the Service Bulletin changes to both the driver board and the power supply board by serial number?

Thank you
Charlie

Last edited:
To my knowledge there is no serial number but the bulletin says the countermeasure was applied in April 1976. Any unit produced after that date should already have it. It's also pretty obvious looking at the driver board itself. If the driver board has fuses in plastic sleeves, it has the modifications.

Based on what is on file in the database, it looks like production of the 9090 started in August 1975. So there is roughly 8 or 9 months production that probably doesn't have the production change.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom