Sansui SR6

analoghifi

Has anyone seen or had the Sansui SR6 multitrack Tape Deck. Uses regular tapes, records at multiple speeds and uses 6 tracks of recording. Its definitely caught my interest givin I do recording myself. Im curious to the sound.

Has anyone seen or had the Sansui SR6 multitrack Tape Deck. Uses regular tapes, records at multiple speeds and uses 6 tracks of recording. Its definitely caught my interest givin I do recording myself. Im curious to the sound.
SR-6 ? Don't you mean MR-6
See below pic and specs

Attachments

• MR6.jpg
    MR6.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 33
  • MR6 specs.jpg
    MR6 specs.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 21
Looks cool, I wonder just how good they were.....I remember the Tascam 4 track cassette decks which were quite good.....
I would think 6 tracks in a cassette deck would be pushing the envelope.....:scratch2:

SR-6 ? Don't you mean MR-6
See below pic and specs

YES THIS IS IT!!! Wow how did you find this? yeah sorry the MR-6. Thanks for the update, I was recently speaking to an old time Sansui Rep and he was explaining to me that alot of Sansui's used similar engineering as what the Nakamichi's designs were. Although Nakamichi had a patent on there transport system and particular processing, the same engineers did a work around being they engineered the NAKS and made a different technique in transport and on board processing to make the Sansui's sound well over average.

this is a really kool deck though

Last edited:
I used to have one and the accompanying mixer.
Now I have the all in one with the deck IN the mixer.
Can't comment on the sound, but they aren't crap. in fact it is quite heavy for what it is.

A Tascam 234 is still serviceable nowadays, though.

Now I have the all in one with the deck IN the mixer.
Can't comment on the sound, but they aren't crap. in fact it is quite heavy for what it is.
Do you have a WS-1 ?

Attachments

• WS_1.JPG
    WS_1.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 7
It may be that, or it may be something else.

That pic looks too colorful for what I remember of mine. I'll go look this week.

yeah I have too much gear, and rarely use most of it.

Back
Top Bottom