Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

I am now rigged with a Hickok 6000 and 6000A.

I've gone through the calibration steps and verified operation.

I also have an Eico 666 and HK TC-2

FWIW, I am rigged with Variacs also, so if you find something that needs to be resurrected, I have that too.

Camden County, South Jersey. Close to Philly. TV-7D/U it's a Dan Nelson calibrated unit. Also have EICO 628 and 667.
Variacs and scopes here, too. HP 331A Distortion Analyzer as well.

I've been using a Transcendent Sound tube tester that I built from a kit about ten years ago. It's been very reliable and versatile.

Over the last twenty years I've purchased tubes from most of the vendors listed in this thread. I've had good experiences with one exception: Upscale Audio. Terrible service. They claim superior testing but much of what I've received from them doesn't indicate that. I think their major strength is marketing. There are many other good tube vendors out there. No need to buy from Upscale Audio.

Anyone in the Maryland area (Baltimore / Montgomery County / Frederick), repairing Tube stereo amps? I need help for my Scott 222-B. Thanks

Hi
I write from Brazil
I have hare one Realistic stereo thirty six (stereo tube from 58..59)
All original, and in fantastic cosmetic condition. It uses 2 6bq5 per output channel.

But, i can't find the schematic
I searched a lot in internet, but not found.

anyone here can help me?
Thank you.

Edmonton, AB, Canada. TV-7C/U & Eico 667 tube testers.
Stark 'scope, Military signal gen, Heathkit distortion meter, Heathkit audio vtvm. Simpson 260, etc etc. B&K sweep frequency generator (FM alignment), bunch of other junk.

Can repair the following:

Vacuum tube amplifiers, receivers, etc.
Discrete solid state amplifiers
Vacuum tube televisions & radios (pre-1970 or so)
Record players and turntables of all descriptions
Speaker crossovers
Vintage tube Guitar amplifiers

Willing to help other hobbyists, especially if it suits my interests . Not very interested in late model equipment with circuit boards, but contact me if you've exhausted all other resources, I can probably get it going.

Last edited:
Hi
I write from Brazil
I have hare one Realistic stereo thirty six (stereo tube from 58..59)
All original, and in fantastic cosmetic condition. It uses 2 6bq5 per output channel.

But, i can't find the schematic
I searched a lot in internet, but not found.

anyone here can help me?
Thank you.
Check the top of this page, http://www.vintage-radio.info/heathkit/index.htm, maybe yours is in there i could not find just thirty six - Good Luck

Hickok TV7A-U tube tester and a 5A variac, plus a scope, signal generator, LCR meter and such. Have done occasional tube amp and preamp builds, mods and restorations for various AK members over the years as well.

I also have an Eico 625 tester, but it's not been restored or re- calibrated.

Located in Marietta GA.

Regards,
Gordon.

I'm looking for a schematic for a Tsakiridis Achilles 2A3, I received this pair of amps for repair but nothing is original anymore. Original it has: 2A3, 6SL7, 6L6, but is now equipped with 2A3 and 2 6SL7's in parallel (????).
6L6 is gone but I suspect it was used for B+ stabilization.
Some detailed pictures of the internals would help as well.

Regards,

Michel

Don't know if this allowed but I just bought a house and found a sansui sm-18 in the basement I did a little research but would like some more info if anyone can help me thanks

Back
Top Bottom