Scott299c or Fisher amp?

playittwice

So thanks to all you great folks on here giving your thoughtful opinions and views in different applications and set-ups. My recently acquired ST-35 with my K-Horns sound very nice together. So with that said I would like your opinions and views on yet another acquisition.
I have a second pair of K-horns in another room I would like to try a more powerful tube amp with. I was thinking a Scott 299c or something from Fisher. Since you folks have much more experience and knowledge, I would like your input. I currently have a SE el84 amp and the ST-35 that sound awesome, so want to experiment with one of the bigger tubes. If for some reason you folks this is a bad idea or won’t be better than I have, feel free to voice that opinion as well.

I prefer a MC 225 if 34 watts is all you need. If you need more a MC 240 at 55 watts per channel if well maintained. Mc 275 MK VI will give just above 100 watts where a well maintained 275 MK I about 90+ watts. A 225 will out perform a 229 D I know I owned one, and a 299C and Fisher models, too.

I had the fisher 500c then got the scott LK48 which I believe its the 299 in kit form. Long story short sold the fisher 500c.

I had the fisher 500c then got the scott LK48 which I believe its the 299 in kit form. Long story short sold the fisher 500c.
LK48 is the 222 and the LK72 is the 299. Both are great with Klipsch.

Either a Fisher integrated or a Scott integrated would work but Fisher sells for more than Scott and you have to factor in having the unit rebuilt for best results.

So you prefer the el84 sound? Am I understand ing that correctly? That’s what the LK-48 is correct?
Yeah something about that Scott I had it recapped by DeWitt..and its something I cant ever get rid of. I always bring it out and substitute every year with my ss amps

While I’m thoroughly enjoying my ST-35 with my Klipsch, I still have a hankering for a “different” tube. Don’t know if I’m chasing the right thing or not! Sometimes you just get that “gotta have it cuz everyone else does” thing.

Seems to be lots of love for the el84 sound. For good reason I might add. I know I like it.

Try a 7591 amp. I have lots of 6bq5/7189 amps including a modern production st35 with Gillespie's special sauces and it's awesome. I get good punch out of my Scott 7591s from a 233 to a 299d to a 208. My 340b receiver kicks butt too. My speakers are cornwalls

Try a 7591 amp. I have lots of 6bq5/7189 amps including a modern production st35 with Gillespie's special sauces and it's awesome. I get good punch out of my Scott 7591s from a 233 to a 299d to a 208. My 340b receiver kicks butt too. My speakers are cornwalls

I want to. Just have to find one! (7591)

Back
Top Bottom