Show me your CABLES!! Please...

Any specs on the ics and speaker cables? I am asking since not only does the materials, terminations matter, but capacitance of ics, and inductance/capacitance matters with speaker cable.

Mine are 39pf per meter. Inductance doesn't really matter with ics in audio equipment, except in one or two extreme cases of matching impedances (Z).

keep on truckin

joe

12BB2CC6-2537-4AF5-8214-A709AAB118C5.jpeg D4DFDB6C-80EE-4CCF-9654-895716D6EC99.jpeg A5710D06-26F3-4660-B0B4-1F6A79AFA46D.jpeg

My current cable setup:
3 Monster 100 interlinks ($3 or $4 each at goodwill/habitat for humanity)
14 gauge in wall speaker cable from Lowe’s
Saved enough to buy a built in fridge full of beer.

After I drink enough beer, I bet I will buy Some real speaker wires. Problem is they won’t fit under the floor molding.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm giving my system a clean so thought i would post my cables.
Interconnects
20181209_112111.jpg
From left to right
First two pair are diy van damme silver plate cable's
The ones with the stripe are epiphany acoustics
Next is monster interlink 250
The white ones are QED quinex 2.

Speaker cable is QED silver anniversary
20181209_115031.jpg
20181209_111832.jpg Last are my power cards
20181209_111638.jpg
Got everything back in place .
20181209_174344.jpg

Last edited:
New setup and mainly using digital source cables now. Cardas Clear USB from laptop, Cardas Parsec Digital from a sub $100 Sony/Walmart DVD player (soon to be replaced). and an Acoustic Research optical cable from a Teac iPhone dock. Existing cables were the Cardas Quadlink power and Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2 peaker cable. Cable on the right is the Stock Rega turntable connection.

4330F047-0A2F-4821-95B8-0250EB2C6AE5.jpeg

th

Morrow Audio Speaker cables (banana plugs) SP 3

th

Morrow Audio RCAs MA 1.1 & MA 2
th

Wireworld Starlight 7 2.0 USB

Other cables:

AQ Evergreen RCA's
AQ Forest Toslink
BJC subwoofer cable

Last edited:
OFC 4 conductor solid copper 14 gauge speaker wire.
I see you are using it as a bi-wire also. Is it bi-amped or terminated together at the amplifier, just curious. Before I got a sub woofer my speaker cables were made out of flat solid copper equivalent to around 10 gauge. Solid copper works fine for most audio applications.[/QUOTE]
I have it bi-wired to A+B speaker terminals. One of the advantages is being able to completely turn off the bass drivers at night and use mid and highs for low level listening without bothering the neighbors.

While wiping the dust off my ZMA, I found a loose screw..(Large cap mounting)
So had to see if the nut had fallen off the screw, inside the amplifier..
All I had to do was hold the Plastic nut while I twisted the screw..(fixed)
Since I had it open I took some pictures, thought some of you guys would also like to see the inside of a
Decware ( Zen Mystery Amp )

C7DE2FB5-D9DB-49C4-87DD-11BB23901240.jpeg 0FAC259B-1354-4A53-89E1-B2B85424646E.jpeg 813247A2-57A3-4CCC-A6F4-4276CE46A5C8.jpeg B63A2510-EFAC-4F7D-8553-F26C84943DA5.jpeg DECWARE ( Zen Mystery Amp).

Last edited:
Well than, very good then, I hope the results meet with you`re satisfaction, sincerely !!

Satisfied with the results, plus it's much better to work with for long runs than speaker wire (home theater and auto applications). I have also used 14ga aluminum wire in plastic braided loom, but I like what I'm using now better.

My version of this project

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Power/Low-Inductance-DIY-Speaker-Cables/

Made yesterday, so far gotta say it does sound better than the #16 lamp cord I've been using forever. The highs seem crisper and the bass tighter - low inductance and resistance seem to explain why, but I'm still wondering if theres a touch of placebo effect. In any case its affordable, and performs well.

DSC_1519-1024x578.JPG

Even if they do not sound better than the 16 gauge you have some serious cool factor there nice job.

Thanks! This is quite an easy project, and the resulting cable has very good electrical specs. Being a life long cable non believer I still can't believe how tweaky my stereo suddenly looks :) I just heard a compelling argument about the effects of inductance and resistance on cables (Nelson Pass' famous speaker builder article), so I had to give it a try.

Now, anyone got plans for some diy interconnects?

My version of this project

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Power/Low-Inductance-DIY-Speaker-Cables/

Made yesterday, so far gotta say it does sound better than the #16 lamp cord I've been using forever. The highs seem crisper and the bass tighter - low inductance and resistance seem to explain why, but I'm still wondering if theres a touch of placebo effect. In any case its affordable, and performs well.

View attachment 1436611

Nice job, however my "like" was for that Simpson meter :thumbsup:

Winter boredom project, just made some Van Damme silver cable jumpers for my Nad integrated in my bedroom. Going to make some more today for a couple other components. I actually made the speaker wire a while ago, just got done cleaning it up with some tech flex. I am not that happy with the way the wire shows through the sleeving, I probably should have gotten one size larger sleeve. If I was really worried about it I could just put another layer of sleeve over the first. Guess I am not that worried about it. IMG_2163.JPG IMG_2168.JPG

345D459A-162A-4094-8F30-696DCE0CC02E.jpeg 032FF4C3-B8AB-4CF2-99A8-E9AB8B0A2FF8.jpeg D7F79EBC-4F1D-4325-BB81-90F2E0F60BD2.jpeg Here we go again., after all I spent time and money, getting a very decent cable loom..
Now I have inexpensive stock fuses , essentially a bottleneck , blocking the electricity to the equipment..
So of course , it’s been on my mind for oh, a year or two.. But the ones marketed for audio equipment are so darned Expensive , that every time I start to purchase the 2 or 3 needed for my system ,I chicken out and say to myself “it’s not worth it”..
Not sure if I’m proud or embarrassed to say “I’m purchasing some audiophile fuses”..
I picked Audio Magic brand over the others, due to the fact that it’s a 1 man show, who seemed to be honest (while on the phone) in his experience and obsessive objective to make audio specific products for the above average system..

He seems like one us, highly obsessed with getting the best he can out of a system..!!

Maybe not all of the Audio Magic products are for me, but I’m gonna try upgrading the fuses..
I had to cover my eyes while ordering (painfully expensive)..
1– Ultimate Beeswax fuse / for the Amp
https://www.thecableco.com/accessories/fuses/ultimate-shd-bees-wax-fuse.html
1– Super Beeswax fuse. /. for the preamp
https://www.thecableco.com/accessories/fuses/premier-bees-wax-super-fuse-6036.html
1– Super fuse / for the phono preamp
https://www.thecableco.com/accessories/fuses/super-fuse.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom