Show us your JBLs

Here are my 250ti's.

Space-1.jpg

L100's in my drum/media room.

20170101-110256.jpg

Last edited:
My photo/story won't be quite as flashy!!

The first pair of JBLs I ever owned came in a lot at a local community college auction. I paid $32 for two pair of speakers, one of which were 4410 Studio Monitors. As you can see, the surrounds were shot, and there were numerous holes drilled in the cabinetsfor wall hanging, etc., so the sat on the floor in the warehouse for awhile.
JBL 4410.jpg

A few months later, I bought a Sansui TU417 tuner that I wanted for $75, and it came with a JVC 90W amp and a pair of JBL L80Ts. I decided to give them a try when we got home, and the first minute increase in volume, and the surrounds turned to dust. I also found that one of the woofer frames was broken and unrepairable. Luckily AKs GordonW pm'd me and said he had an extra, so I bought it. On the floor, next to the 4410s. I soon found out that both JBL models had the same drivers in them, and I also read about how harmless is is to change surrounds, so I ordered enough to complete both sets. Gordon had already done the one, so I only needed to do three. I took my time, cleaned them up, installed the new surrounds, and I was in business! Here they are repaired.

JBLs repaired.jpg

And one more photo with the grills on:

shop speakers.jpg

The tall skinny speakers are Fraziers that came with the 4410s ($32 for both pair). That's a pair of Klipsch KG2s on top of the L80Ts. I have Klipsch Khorns and Cornwalls in the house with my main system, so these sat in the warehouse. One day a real good friend was listening to the 4410s and fell in love with them. He had something I wanted, so we made the trade.

My daughter had taken the Fraziers to college, then gave them back when she graduated and moved. Her boyfriend's system had some crappy BPC speakers, and she asked if she could take the Fraziers back. Since I had repaired the L80Ts, I let her listen to them. She loved the sound, and liked the size better. Needless to say, they're gone now.

I've always been a Klipsch fan, but will gladly give these JBLs two thumbs up in comparison. I don't know if they have a "coast" sound, or what that even is,, but I like it!!

I don't really have a lot of photos, especially of my first JBL, an 030 system my Dad bought back in 1957. But here's what I can fish out right now.

Start with the 4345 KenRick clones

40109667160_04d93bd417_b.jpg

4345-14-2s_3.jpg

Here are my 250ti's in their boxes as I picked them up:

DSCN0815_zpsa8aad206.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up this pair of L 100's at a thrift store last week. $5.50 for the pair. Having trouble getting the picture to upload. Oh well, I think they are a great addition to my collection of gear.

Almost forgot - back in 2008 we had a mini-fest in Sacramento put together by Duffinator, and Need For Speed donated a pair of JBL L19s for the raffle we had. My then-teen-age son was the lucky winner. They went away to college with him, and are now doing business in his home. Sorry, I don't have a photo.

Reactions: S S
Back
Top Bottom