Show us your Motorcycles

WP_20181010_19_40_43_Pro.jpg WP_20170817_19_23_14_Pro.jpg this is my 78 my first bike i bulit one piece at a time...many years ago. at one point it sat in my dining room as i was putting it together. iam in the process of repainting it, and putting the fairing and bags on, they have never been on the bike... i had the pinstriping done by a super great guy, whos goes by... {bikini} some of you may have heard of him ...he is in his 80s and going strong. i still have to clear and finish it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1425845 View attachment 1425821 this is my 78 my first bike i bulit one piece at a time...many years ago. at one point it sat in my dining room as i was putting it together. iam in the process of repainting it, and putting the fairing and bags on, they have never been on the bike... i had the pinstriping done by a super great guy, whos goes by... {bikini} some of you may have heard of him ...he is in his 80s and going strong. i still have to clear and finish it.

Love that Shovelhead ,its one hell of a 1st bike ,are those true duals coming out the back ? If it we're me if that paint is factory I'd leave it ,give it a good cleaning and seal the factory paint ,there's something special about vintage bikes with factory paint ,I wish my vintage bikes came with factory paint , Shovels are getting scarce , especially big twins ,great bike bro ,I'd be proud to ride your sled .

thanks..... yes they are true duals.. always wanted them...

It's official ,your bike goes to the back of the pack with those pipes banging lol ,when I ran street sweeper drags nobody would ride anywhere near me because of how loud it is ,your duals gotta be loud as hell ,I love it ,the louder the better in my book .

It's official ,your bike goes to the back of the pack with those pipes banging lol ,when I ran street sweeper drags nobody would ride anywhere near me because of how loud it is ,your duals gotta be loud as hell ,I love it ,the louder the better in my book .
lol we have a bike run here called the hangover run...guess who is in back..... If you are gonna be seen...make a scene lol

I may have the only honing plates in existence for the Shovelhead cylinders. It does make a big difference. When the head bolts and base bolts are tightened the cylinder goes way out of round. This makes it round when it's together. The bottom was a simple box, the top was an actual head that had to have the ports welded up, as the head bolt pattern is the same only when you flip the head over :confused:

mannycyl.jpg

I may have the only honing plates in existence for the Shovelhead cylinders. It does make a big difference. When the head bolts and base bolts are tightened the cylinder goes way out of round. This makes it round when it's together. The bottom was a simple box, the top was an actual head that had to have the ports welded up, as the head bolt pattern is the same only when you flip the head over :confused:

View attachment 1426157
that's awesome.

I get that treatment on my 2000 Twinkie Glide, high compression cammed up 103" stroker with burned out Rhinehart true duals.
Sometimes I just ride faster and get far enough ahead. lol

View attachment 1426157
Nice,that's the way to do it right! I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet old Dan Baisley has a set though.;)

Nice,that's the way to do it right! I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet old Dan Baisley has a set though.;)

I wouldn't bet on it. When I first got started doing HD's I went to Zippers and asked them if they used one and they said the Shovel didn't need it. They are not as bad as an Evolution. I made honing plates for the early and late Ironhead, XR 1000, and Evo's. Bought the Jims plates for the Twin Cam.

I wouldn't bet on it. When I first got started doing HD's I went to Zippers and asked them if they used one and they said the Shovel didn't need it. They are not as bad as an Evolution. I made honing plates for the early and late Ironhead, XR 1000, and Evo's. Bought the Jims plates for the Twin Cam.

Maybe but
I’d be pretty surprised if he didn’t, Baisley has been building racing engines a long time.

Last edited:
I live just about an hour from Baisley's shop, been using their heads for decades on my bikes.
My TC88/103 Stroker has Baisley heads and had the bottom end done in their shop with all S&S parts in the original Harley cases.
Check out their webpage. http://www.baisley.com/the_team.htm

Baisley's shop

Yeah I had already looked at it. I think I remember that name from the old HDRA before it became the AHDRA. I think Dan raced Pro Gas. It's been a long time, my memory wasn't that good back then and is real bad now. They look to have the same head machine we had, but HD's were just another job. We didn't specialize in any make, although we were an S&S dealer and did a lot of strokers.
I've heard they have a great reputation, I bet your scooter moves pretty good.

Yeah I had already looked at it. I think I remember that name from the old HDRA before it became the AHDRA. I think Dan raced Pro Gas. It's been a long time, my memory wasn't that good back then and is real bad now. They look to have the same head machine we had, but HD's were just another job. We didn't specialize in any make, although we were an S&S dealer and did a lot of strokers.
I've heard they have a great reputation, I bet your scooter moves pretty good.
I believe Dan did run Pro Gas for a while among other things, yeah the scoot runs pretty strong. It made 105hp/110tq on the dyno as a 95" motor before we stroked it, haven't had it on a dyno after the stroke job but seat of the pants says it got a fair bump.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom