Spendor Classic 3/1

The distributor had both colors in stock and so a cherry set is on order. They must first come from Canada to a U.S. site and then to me. I'll probably keep 2 pairs of speakers and I'm sure the Harbeth P3's will be one and unless the Spendor's are a major dissapointment the ProAc's may be looking for a new home. Looking forward to the new Classics!

I’ll report in this thread but probably also make mention in the Spendor thread as well. It may be as much as two more weeks before I get them. Super looking forward to their arrival.

I will be interested in your thoughts on comparing the Spendor to the Harbeth P3ESR. I have Harbeth 30.1 that probably compare more closely to the 3/1. I would guess that you will get more bottom end from the Spendor based on the mid/bass driver and the cabinet size. I will be interested in the mid-range between the two and overall musicality.

I will be interested in your thoughts on comparing the Spendor to the Harbeth P3ESR. I have Harbeth 30.1 that probably compare more closely to the 3/1. I would guess that you will get more bottom end from the Spendor based on the mid/bass driver and the cabinet size. I will be interested in the mid-range between the two and overall musicality.
The 30.1 is a fabulous speaker and end destination for most.

The Classic 3/1’s have shipped from the U.S. facility and are due here by next Monday 8/10/20.

The Classic 3/1’s have arrived. They are lovely...and big compared to what I’m used to. My stands are about 2 inches too tall in my room but that’ll just have to be for the present. Unfortunately we are about to have warm weather and I don’t have A/C. My little 9x10 room is on the second floor of a townhouse with a window the faces the afternoon sun. It’s one of the two hottest rooms in the house. I’ll do some listening today and again for a few on Thursday. Between the work schedule and the heat it may be a few weeks before I get significant listening time.

Fall is on it’s way!

Congrats to Your Spendors !

Cover Your roomwindow at the outside and You can use Your room in summer.

For my Spendor BC-1 i use this steel stands:

AVF_Stands.jpg

the bottomplate of the speakers can swing and there is no soft-material between speaker and ground - in my case, bass improvement was remarkable.

Maybe Your Classics need some play-in time with ferrofluid-tweeters.

Congrats to Your Spendors !

Cover Your roomwindow at the outside and You can use Your room in summer.

For my Spendor BC-1 i use this steel stands:

View attachment 1952707

the bottomplate of the speakers can swing and there is no soft-material between speaker and ground - in my case, bass improvement was remarkable.

Maybe Your Classics need some play-in time with ferrofluid-tweeters.
If only...the whole townhome gets very hot. Nice stands you have.

Welcome to the club!

aN8CVa5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom