Sunday Tunes

No laughing! Shadow of Your Smile from Astrud Gilberto.
Mongo want woman!
Think I'll give my new Coltrane lp another play next, then some
football music!

Carl

Well earlier this afternoon is was The Sidewinders - 'Come and get it'. Chicago rockabilly that's upbeat and fun.

Then I gave The Rockin' Johnny Band - 'More Real Folk Blues' a spin. Recorded at B.L.U.E.S. in Chicago it's good stuff!

Just finished The Vara-Tones - 'Jetty Subject To High Surf'. An original surf/rock band dating back to the '60's. Anyone remember 'Repeto'? I didn't - never even heard of it, but it was their claim to fame in '64. Anyway - good band, good tunes. Now you'll excuse me will I go pull out some old Ventures, Surfaris or maybe even Dick Dale :D Good times, good times!

-Dave

just got my new (to me a least) pioneer sx-d7000 fired up along with the denon dcd-1420 powering the jbl hp-520's the wife is "jaming" to all 4 shania twain cd's.

sunday the 26th

A beautiful warm day here in Calgary and so far it's been George Jones- Who's gonna fill their shoes. and Queen, the game. and I just put on Eddie Money- Greatest hits.

All were picked up yesterday at a garge sale. Total of 90 LPs, all near mint for $12.00!!! Some I have but at that price I don't care, I'll take em all.

Wife and kids out shopping for Halloween costumes, so Savoy Brown's "Raw Sienna" is blasting out of the JBLs.

Al Kooper & Mike Bloomfield live. Damn he's an awesome guitarist.

Then, Cat Stevens: Tea for the Tillerman. Acoustic guitar sounding soooo good.

A Hard Way to Go, Chris Youlden, JBL's, Excellent!
Kooper+Bloomfield, very good indeed!

Carl

Finally some time to spin some vinyl ! just finished Mississippi John Hurts Monday mourning blues and started on Lightnin Hopkins Goin Away. :)

Hey Grumpy........ ummm, well, I'm not sure how to bring this up, please take it the right way, cause it certainly isn't personal but I double checked and it's

THURSDAY

Its Sunday around my kingdom till I say differently ! :grumpy: :p:

Originally posted by grumpy
Finally some time to spin some vinyl ! just finished Mississippi John Hurts Monday mourning blues and started on Lightnin Hopkins Goin Away. :)

Class A stuff there Grump

Alan

Poco - Crazy Eyes up first this morning, and to continue along with that theme -

Ozark Mountain Daredevils - S/T
Pure Praire League - Bustin' Out
Eagles - On The Border
Marshall Tucker - Searchin' For A Rainbow
Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster

are all lined up next!

-Dave

Nice morning, opened with:

The Band: Nothern Lights, Southern Cross (gotta love Ophelia)

Then Ten Years After: I believe it's SHHHHH (with Love Like A Man), I have it on a reissue with two albums called Time Warps. Alvin Lee is fun.

Darn straight, Grumps!
Got the big JBL's humpin' with my usual Sunday morning request line show, dj'd by one of our state senators! A real music buff.
In fact, another state senator called in a request earlier.
MAN DOES THAT ONKYO T-9 sound superb!

I once stood about 4 feet from Alvin Lee at a concert, and about the same distance from his bank of speakers. Darn if his fingers weren't a blur at times. Guy certainly had moxie. Hmmmm yes there was a certain ambience at the time :cool: ;)

Back
Top Bottom